Just left FV after spending the weekend there for a wedding. We stayed in a cabin that was pretty comfortable. Beds were comfy and it was nice having ceiling fans in the room! We're suckers for ceiling fans. Living room was spacious and met our needs as we had to do wedding cakes and cupcakes. We had a full fridge, microwave, toaster, and stove. The only drawback of the cabin was we could not figure out how to lock the door from the inside. The back door had a thumb lock, but the front did not. We very well could have missed something. Bathroom is a little small as is the shower, but it worked. There isn't a phone and there's zero cell coverage. This was kind of bummer with no way to call housekeeping if additional items are needed or even to call other rooms/cabins in our party. We did survive without it. Overall, we weren't disappointed with the cabin.
We did get to spend a little time at the pool Saturday morning. Glad there were towels provided. Lazy river was a nice plus! It is on the small size and the tubes provided aren't really comfortable for people on the larger size, but it was relaxing and that's what we were looking for.
We had the reception in the reception lodge and we couldn't have asked for a better group of staff to assist. They were very friendly and helpful, even in helping us take down. Will Robertson (I believe) was extremely helpful and we sincerely appreciate it!
All things considered, we had a great weekend and my husband and I definitely look forwarded to a nice getaway where we can relax a bit more in the future. A+ staff and great accommodations. There are a lot of reviews bashing the no cell or resort wide wifi. It was kind of nice not having cell service. I would agree a bit with the wifi, but it is provided at the lodge, in the registration lodge, and at the pool (may be in other places, but I don't know). Sometimes it's nice to disconnect. And it's certainly a beautiful atmosphere to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam