My husband and I have stayed at Fontana many times over the years. We love to drive the roads and enjoy the scenery. We have stayed in the lodge as well as in a cabin.
The staff are always friendly and willing to help in any way they can. I have found that if you ask for something they will do their best to help out.
We have travelled with cars, motorcycles, and trucks and found the lodge to be accommodating to our needs. They have a free "vehicle wash" area which really comes in handy.
Whenever we have stayed at Fontana we have found our rooms neat and clean. If we needed something we asked and received help. We had good service at the restaurant and the Grill. Yes, the prices are higher these days but the food is good and satisfying after a long day.
Many younger families stay at Fontana and there are many activities for them. Part of the fun is hearing the laughter and excitement from the kids. The marshmallow roast in the evening is really fun.
I was able to get phone reception as well as internet without any issues from my room (I have Verizon). I can't speak about the TV issues - I have never turned on the TV while I stayed there.
I do have a few suggestions:
There is poison ivy growing along some of the paths on the property. I know this is hard to get rid of but it's tricky to avoid it.
Bring back the lobby coffee/hot chocolate! For years the Lodge had free coffee, tea, or hot chocolate in the lobby. It was available any time and really hit the spot if you got a chill while out on the roads. Also, people gathered in the lobby, enjoyed a hot beverage, and visited with one another. Each room has small coffee makers now but it's not the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam