Left me first start with the fact that I have been in the hotel business for over 20 years so I really understand hotels. This hotel did a very good job for what it is. My partner and I were there for the Miata's at the Gap event and truly enjoyed our stay. If you are looking for a Ritz Carlton then go there, that's not was this resort is all about. It's a remote mountain resort that is reasonably priced and relaxing to be at. Our room was in the main lodge and although not the newest it was clean and we found the bed to be very comfortable. The balcony was nice to sit on overlooking the pool area. We used all of the facilities over the 4 days we were there. The Lodge Pool is definitely the spot…no kids, quiet and relaxing. We spent several days at this pool. The general store is well stocked and provided anything we really needed in a pinch. Had ice cream several times and it was nice to wind down the day sitting on the large front porch. The Wildwood Grille has a huge outdoor covered seating area and we eat there several times. The food is basic but still well prepared. The staff was friendly and took good care of us every time. What was really a nice treat was the Bistro up in the main lodge. It's a little expensive for western North Carolina but being from NY/NJ area it was fairly priced. The food was absolutely excellent. As good as we have had anywhere. We were comparing it to some of our favorite places in the NYC! The service was excellent. I wish we would have had another meal there as it was a highlight of our stay. The fresh baked bread and butter were a nice addition. The pork loin was superb! We couldn’t have asked for more. The resort even had hoses, buckets and sponges available to wash our cars as we Miata people are a little picky about keeping our cars clean. We will definitely be back again next year for the Miata event. Thanks for taking care of us car people…we loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam