Just got back from a group trip to Fontana Village Resort and could not have had a nicer time. We stayed in Lodge rooms in the Garden section. Roomy, comfortable with a small balcony , cable TV, telephone, wifi and a hot, shower with good water pressure. The rooms were about on par with your basic holiday inn - but it's the rest of the resort that makes the visit special! The location is just stunning - everywhere you look is an amazing view of mountains and lakes. From the resort marina we took a boat ride across Fontana lake to a wonderful hiking spot. The hike leader was very well versed in the local history, making the day trip that much better. Back at the resort there are all kinds of activities - putt putt golf, 3 pools, frisbee golf, tennis, basketball, softball, arts and crafts - the list just goes on. The food was very good with lots of choices and a very friendly wait staff. Our group was all adults but we will be back there with the kids as this is a perfect family spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam