We stayed in a Willow cabin (one bedroom) for three nights. Loved the covered front porch (it rained the whole time). One of the rocking chairs was broken, and none of the outside lights worked. The Grill restaurant was closed for the season, so we ate all our meals at the cabin. Glad I took lots of groceries; it was too nasty to go up to the Lodge (and too expensive). No cell phone service and no phone in the cabin...if you needed any help, you had to go to the General Store (closest place) but it closed at 6 p.m.
The worst part was the water in the cabin. It came out of the faucet looking like it was mixed with milk -- so cloudy. We had plenty of bottled water, thank goodness.
If you're looking for a "back to nature with indoor plumbing" experience, this is a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam