“Unexpected hospitality!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
Mills River, North Carolina
“Unexpected hospitality!”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Inexpensively priced for one night, gracious attentive services, and personalities to match! As an African American patron of services recieved, it was nice to have a great room and with an exceptionally clean bathroom. Having great service without stating the obvious being still apparent in this wonderful Country, I call home it is nice to be treated as a human being and not have noses up in the air! This room was equipped with a refrigerator and microwave for under $90 a night! Convenient location, non-smoking, two- queen beds, the amenities were accomodating. Thank you for all your extra hard work and comforts of home away from home. Definitely recommend this hotel and I will use this one again the next time I am in Forest City.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for but when you get more than expected you get more! Corner suites are large a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KENDRE W
nc340, General Manager at Stay At Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

The Quality inn, in Forest City is where I stay every time I am in the town. Born and raised there. The family is very close. Until recently, back in April of 2011, I was there for three nights, the last night I got up at about three am to use the bathroom. I notice a small spot on the wall....thinking that it could be a roach. I took a picture with my cell that didn't come out too well. That next morning, I was trying to report it to the clerk, he could not understand english as well, so I just let go. About two to three weeks later, I noticed that i had a rash on my arms and lower legs. They itched terribly. I told a friend what was going on and she mention bed bugs? I went home and pulled it up. After reading about bed bugs, i went to my bed to check. They were there. I am not saying that I got them from this hotel, but the bug I saw that last night that I had stayed look alot alike. The quality has gone down there and I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: In my reading, make sure that you pull the covers back and expose sheets, and bed pads before you b...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Seath M
Toccoa
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Sat. Oct. 22,2011 My family decided to take a road trip to Chimney Rock, all hotels booked, we ended up in Forest City for hotel. Checked in with price $69.99 plus tax, room nasty, hotel smelled. Checked out Sunday a.m. I discover on my bank statement Tuesday Oct. 25 that I was charged extra $80.00. Telephoned hotel spoke supposedly to the manager. I ask why I was charged extra $80.00 he states that we stole comforter(white). This is bold face lie. Me, my husband,my 12yro son and 15yro daughter did not leave that hotel with a comforter. As a matter of fact the hotel was so out dated and nasty I felt like I needed a bath when we left, let alone take anything with me. I even washed my bags. The so called manager argued with me that we took the comforter and refused to refund my money. I told him I was calling corporate headquarters and filing a complaint, to which I did, unfortunately they can only take the complaint and not refund any monies, any refund has to come from the hotel itself. So I am in a battle right now for my $80.00. Save yourself time and money do not stay here!!! They obviously do this to make extra money, so I will post on evey site possible regarding this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Melissa M

Travellers are raving about these Forest City hotels

Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Not much about the hotel was good. The breakfast was decent, the pool was ok except for the fact that it had so many chemicals you could barely see the bottem of the pool. Our air conditioner did not work, so they moved us to another room. In the new room, the refridgerater did not work. On the second night we stayed there, the owners tried to charge us $69.99 instead of the regular $59.99. We found out that they charged $10 a night for a roll away bed on the fourth night of stay. After we moved rooms AGAIN, they tried to tell us that it would cost $10 per night for each child in the room. It is not worth dealing with all the hassels while your supposed to be on vacation! i would not stay here again if my life depended on it! And i DEFINATLY would not recommend wasting your money on a nasty hotel like this one when you could stay at a better one right down the road

Room Tip: the best tip i can give you is: dont stay at this place
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank jamie444444444444444
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel years ago for 4 weeks. The couple that owned the hotel then do not own it now and it shows. As others have said the hotel is not up to the standards of what a quality inn usually is. The room I stayed in had issues (shower head busted, TV reception was fuzzy, etc). I guess next time I'll try the Jameson or Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank JeffLippincott
Jamestown
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We waited a little too late to book reservations at another motel in the area and wound up staying here. Check in was ok until we found out they had put us on the 2nd floor. We had a lot of stuff to carry in that included a 60 pound guncase.
Evidenlty they are providing lodging for the crews that are working on the Facebook server farm that is being built down the road.
We noticed folks grilling out on the walkway outside their room. These guys were working at the location mentioned above and having to walk by a grill was a little annoying.
The room was non-smoking and it smelled clean and smoke free. Upon further looking we noticed a "fluid" on the bed skirt and on the floor. Not sure what it was but it sure looked bad. My sheets had marks like makeup and the pillows had little tiny black dots on them that almost looked like bed bug type markings.
I checked around the head boards and everything looked ok. The wash cloths were soiled, the towels were thin and tattered and the showerhead needed to be replaced.
The pool was not opened yet and it was warm enough to swim if it had in fact been opened. On Sunday morning we went to the breakfast room and noticed a fellow laying on the couch in the office. He was dead to the world until I walked in the door and then he popped up from a dead sleep and said - checking out?
I made a mistake in waiting too long to make a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express and I paid for it dearly. It is a shame that motels like this have fallen into management by folks that have no clue on how to manage a motel.
I slept good and being on the top floor and on a corner it was quiet for sure. We have another trip planned for July and hope to book a room at the HIE if at all possible or even the Jameson would be better than the QI.....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Cherokee, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We arrived late on Friday night for a two night stay. As soon as we walked in the room the smell of cigarettes was overwhelming. As we started unpacking and settling in, my nine year old daughter froz in her tracks and would not sit any of her belongings down on the bed, floor or chair beside her. The floor looked as if it had not been vaccumed in quite some time, micorwave and fridge were covered in dust and grime. bathroom was flithy, tub was disgusting. We checked out the next morning and cut our stay a day short!!! I cant believe that Quality Inn allows this property to keep their franchise!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 4 in Rutherfordton
Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast
Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 4 in Rutherfordton

Been to Stay At Inn? Share your experiences!