“Wood Beetles?!? NOT!!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
freeport, IL
“Wood Beetles?!? NOT!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

When we told front desk about bugs all over the room, they came down with a sprayer with hose attached and we were told they were "wood beetles" and that they wouldn't hurt you! A roach is a roach and this hotel is full of them. Also noticed the fire extinguishers outside our room were last inspected and recharged 4 yrs. ago? The pool was empty in spite of nice weather on top of it. Pay the extra $$ for a clean and safe hotel, because the extermination bill when you carry their critters back home in your luggage will more than deplete any savings you might have gained. Terrible! Where is the health department in this area??

Room Tip: Management will tell you that their "wood beetles" are only on the side facing the woods a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank flybynight803
nc340, General Manager at Stay At Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Guest

Health Dept. inspection was done in 2011. All is well. There was no
trace of bug . Externination is done every month. Expert inspection
was pefrformed. We assure our guests that there are no bugs at Quality
Inn,Forest City,NC

I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology.
Your input will help us to improve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel is one of the best I've stayed in because of the staff and AB the manager. We stayed here for an extended period of time working in area and they made us feel like family. They go above and beyond to make sure you are happy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken T
nc340, General Manager at Stay At Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about your postive experiance. It is good to know that you find the customer service experiance so postive at our hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stay at this hotel everytime I come to town. The price is very reasonable, the service is amazing they go out of their way to make you feel at home. Not just the people at the front desk the cleaning staff is also amazing and if you need anything they will help you. I will always come back to this hotel when I am in town!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Chalms10
nc340, General Manager at Stay At Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Chalms10

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 828-248-3400
Mills River, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Inexpensively priced for one night, gracious attentive services, and personalities to match! As an African American patron of services recieved, it was nice to have a great room and with an exceptionally clean bathroom. Having great service without stating the obvious being still apparent in this wonderful Country, I call home it is nice to be treated as a human being and not have noses up in the air! This room was equipped with a refrigerator and microwave for under $90 a night! Convenient location, non-smoking, two- queen beds, the amenities were accomodating. Thank you for all your extra hard work and comforts of home away from home. Definitely recommend this hotel and I will use this one again the next time I am in Forest City.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for but when you get more than expected you get more! Corner suites are large a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KENDRE W
nc340, General Manager at Stay At Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2012

Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

The Quality inn, in Forest City is where I stay every time I am in the town. Born and raised there. The family is very close. Until recently, back in April of 2011, I was there for three nights, the last night I got up at about three am to use the bathroom. I notice a small spot on the wall....thinking that it could be a roach. I took a picture with my cell that didn't come out too well. That next morning, I was trying to report it to the clerk, he could not understand english as well, so I just let go. About two to three weeks later, I noticed that i had a rash on my arms and lower legs. They itched terribly. I told a friend what was going on and she mention bed bugs? I went home and pulled it up. After reading about bed bugs, i went to my bed to check. They were there. I am not saying that I got them from this hotel, but the bug I saw that last night that I had stayed look alot alike. The quality has gone down there and I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: In my reading, make sure that you pull the covers back and expose sheets, and bed pads before you b...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Seath M
Toccoa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Sat. Oct. 22,2011 My family decided to take a road trip to Chimney Rock, all hotels booked, we ended up in Forest City for hotel. Checked in with price $69.99 plus tax, room nasty, hotel smelled. Checked out Sunday a.m. I discover on my bank statement Tuesday Oct. 25 that I was charged extra $80.00. Telephoned hotel spoke supposedly to the manager. I ask why I was charged extra $80.00 he states that we stole comforter(white). This is bold face lie. Me, my husband,my 12yro son and 15yro daughter did not leave that hotel with a comforter. As a matter of fact the hotel was so out dated and nasty I felt like I needed a bath when we left, let alone take anything with me. I even washed my bags. The so called manager argued with me that we took the comforter and refused to refund my money. I told him I was calling corporate headquarters and filing a complaint, to which I did, unfortunately they can only take the complaint and not refund any monies, any refund has to come from the hotel itself. So I am in a battle right now for my $80.00. Save yourself time and money do not stay here!!! They obviously do this to make extra money, so I will post on evey site possible regarding this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Melissa M

Travellers are raving about these Forest City hotels

Sylva, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Not much about the hotel was good. The breakfast was decent, the pool was ok except for the fact that it had so many chemicals you could barely see the bottem of the pool. Our air conditioner did not work, so they moved us to another room. In the new room, the refridgerater did not work. On the second night we stayed there, the owners tried to charge us $69.99 instead of the regular $59.99. We found out that they charged $10 a night for a roll away bed on the fourth night of stay. After we moved rooms AGAIN, they tried to tell us that it would cost $10 per night for each child in the room. It is not worth dealing with all the hassels while your supposed to be on vacation! i would not stay here again if my life depended on it! And i DEFINATLY would not recommend wasting your money on a nasty hotel like this one when you could stay at a better one right down the road

Room Tip: the best tip i can give you is: dont stay at this place
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
#1 of 4 in Rutherfordton
Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast
Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 4 in Rutherfordton

Been to Stay At Inn? Share your experiences!