“Clean but definitely has some problems”

Quality Inn Forest City
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Quality Inn in Forest City to attend the funeral of a family member. We arrived about 6 pm in the evening, needing to get freshened up and dressed quickly for a family gathering, but our room was not cleaned at that late hour! The housekeeping staff was very helpful and friendly and helped us get ready and on our way. The next morning we tried the continental breakfast, but the waffle batter was empty, and when we used the toaster, it blew a fuse and no one was there to fix it. The staff all seemed to have trouble with the English language. We called the front desk about 10 pm one night with a simple question, and the desk person said he would call back in 1 minute, We called again in 10 minutes, he again said he would call us right back, but after many calls and many promises that he would call us right back, we gave up. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. I would probably stay there again, but be aware of issues.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmfromflorida
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Forest City

Reviewed 2 May 2010

The rooms are clean with refrigerators and microwaves, but the setting is a bit scary. The hotel is located in a industrial section surrounded by gloomy buildings. Right now there is a homeless guy in the lobby eating popcorn with the apparent approval of the desk attendant. Compassionate yes, but not appropriate.
Next time I would stay across the highway in the Holiday Inn express if the rates were comparable.
The two 5 star ratings on the site are obviously shills.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2009

My family and I stayed at thsi hotel for a family funeral. I submitted my card at check-in and it was charged before my family checked out - first problem. I left a day before my family and when my mother attempted to check out using her card the front desk manager told her, "your daughter already authorized payment on her card." My mother thought that sounded weird and when she insisted on paying, they told her it had already been charged to my account. Not only had they charged me, they over charged me! I immediately stopped payment and the jerks charged me again - or should I say, overcharged me! I never signed anything authorizing these charges and am now spending all this time on the phone with my bank clearing it all up! Ridiculous! I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2008

the quality inn at forest city,nc
this is by far the cleanest friendliest place i have ever stayed. the staff was enjoyable to be around. the atmosphere was like coming home.
i plan on staying at this establishment everytime i return to forest city.
i encourage everyone to give it a try. you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank minasmorgul8201
Reviewed 4 July 2007

Booked 3 nights at Comfort Inn in Forest City, NC. Wanted to get the bike up into the mountains for a few days. First of all, the "Inn" is located beside a deserted parking lot with a bombed out car sitting in it., back down a side road badly in need of paving. I felt like we were a bit isolated. We saw dirty, age old grime on both arms of the recliner as we entered the room. The pillows looked like they had seen war. Flat as a pancake. We pulled back the covers and a spider appeared on the bottom sheet. Great. The rug felt dirty under our feet. The bed was a nightmare. We could not get comfortable, no matter what. I woke up in the middle of the night and my husband was trying to sleep in the grimy recliner, his feet up on the other chair provided. Do not book a room at this Comfort Inn. First thing the next morning, we called the Jameson Inn right across the street and stayed there the next 2 nights. They gave us extra pillows, and the 3 in the room already were very fluffy and comfortable. The room, the recliner and the rug were clean and the staff very helpful. Fatz, a pretty good restaurant was right next door, and we could have walked to the Walmart if we wanted to. The Jameson Inn was so much better.

Stayed: July 2007
#6 of 8 in Shelby
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
#1 of 1 in Columbus

Been to Quality Inn Forest City? Share your experiences!