Baymont Inn & Suites Forest City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Fox Run Resort(Lake Lure)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanshopping and restaurantsnight clerknice poolbooked this hotela great staystay there againwalmartnccarbsgmcleanlinesspetmattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

we didn't have a reservation, this was a walk-in at about 8pm.
the clerk behind the counter was on a personal call & took several minutes to give us a room.
I asked for extra pillows & was told "we don't give extra pillows".
She came across like we were bothering her.
the next morning, the clerk behind the counter was much nicer, & helpful in giving out directions to a local eatery.
overall, the property is nice. standard hotel continental breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side. the side facing the highway you can hear a lot of siren noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I checked in at midnight. I was bone tired after driving all day and really wanted to sleep. But the a/c had been left on in the room all day and it was freezing. The bed had only one thin blanket. The front desk said they had no extra blankets. Fortunately, I had an old kid's sleeping bag in the trunk of the car. Otherwise I might have frozen to death in the night. But come on, I'm a little old to have to use a sleeping bag.

I had picked up a number of new shirts on the way down and wanted to hang them. Again I called the front desk and was told they did not have extra hangers. I ended up buying a couple dozen wire hangers from Walmart. When I checked out, I left them in the room so the hotel would have some available for future guests.

What can I say? I'm a giver.

But I kept the sleeping bag.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at Baymont Inn! We do have extra hangers unfortunately there are only enough of those slots that our hangers fit into. We do not carry the home hangers. I will say in the future we are changing our hangers to the individual hangers to provide for more in each room. With the weather really heating up here I apologize the air was not suited to your comfort when you arrived in your room, we'll pay attention to advise those temperatures with our housekeeping staff. Some like it colder, some don't.