“If you absolutely need a place and you're dirt poor”

Days Inn & Suites Forest City
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Forest City
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for several nights; awful. Choose it because of its very low rate. Dirty floors, dirty comforters, and dirty bathrooms. We got a nonsmoking room, but it smelled of smoke. The first night, we were awoken about midnight to someone trying to pound down the door, and we had to call the police to come out. Terrifying. Third night, think we saw a drug deal go down and several cops in K-9 units arrived quickly after. Breakfast is not good, stale Cheerios and pre packaged Walmart honey buns.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Traveler5726

Reviewed 25 May 2013

towels in room are stained and some were ripped, the air conditioner soaked our floor and they have no other rooms to offer. carpet old and stained. only one ice maker works in the entire hotel. staff had us confused with another guest and POUNDED on our door THREE times saying we owed money. outside garbage cans smell putrid and have bugs in them.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2013

i had booked a room and when arrived they had given it away went to another room and the lights most of them did not work neither did the phone. so they gave me another room..2 lamps did npt work .there was no ironing board or iron..2 lamps did not work one light over bathroom mirror was out..wifi only worked part of the time..and had to put end table out to get to a plug and oh my it had not been cleaned for ages and ages. thick black cob webs ..i left the table out and next day room sevice only pushed table back in with out cleaning. phone well that is a story inits self..they only have so many lines so when there are several people useing the phone you are out of luck. you have to keep trying untill someone hangs up so you can use it..and i was there 2 days and only recieved 3 incomming phone calls..i was there waiting and my phone never rang..they gave me 1 wash cloth one hand towel and one bath towel..in a king size room. i had to go ask for more ..the remote control batteries were dead. and had to be reprogramed.
they advertise they have a pool and they do but it will never be opened for some reason..and if you book a room and have to cancel to bad you have to pay anyway.so so wrong on so many levels..i am ashamed that i have lived in this county for years with a motel of this low scale and falls advertisement.. i now live in ohio and came back to see my grandaughter in the jr. miss padget..couldn't even press my cloths to go..will never ever stay or recommend this place to any one..oh yes had 3 pillows very bad one no pillow case and they never did put one on it the time that is was there..

Room Tip: there are none here trust me i saw 3 different ones
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The pictures on the internet of the Travelers Inn and Suites in Forest City, NC is totally deceiving. I recently made a reservation there. I walked in the room and right back out. I made a reservation for a non smokers room. The room wreeked of cigarette smoke and the ceiling was covered in mold. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! It's not healthy. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and understanding when we cancelled and walked out. In my opinion, this place shouldn't even be allowed to be open. We ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Express right down the road. EXCELLENT place to stay. High recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Having stayed here for the past 3 weeks I can give this place C+>>however as far as the WIFI internet service I give it a resounding F-Minus! Why this hotel can't compete with the Jameson Inn 1 mile away in wifi is beyond me. If you need hi-speed internet do not stay here. It is no better than dial up!! sucks!!!!!!! but for $49 per night and clean rooms I would recommend this dump hole......

Room Tip: for the value yes......for the wifi go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2011

By far the worst motel i've ever been in. Looks like the bedding is 50 years old. Unclean, delapidated furniture, 17" television. Wet carpet, filthy. I'm here on business and expected Ramada to be better. Called super 8 2.5 miles down the road then went to take a look. Rooms are clean and the owner quoted me a price $26.00 a nighr cheaper. Really, stay at this Ramada at your your own risk! I swear you'll need a shower when you leave.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I read all of the negative reviews and they really put a damper on my trip there. I booked 2 rooms thru Hotwire and you cannot cancel or change your booking. To my surprise, when I got there the rooms were very clean, the mattresses were new, good sized tub with a very nice adjustable showerhead, and the staff were very nice and helpful.

Yes there were a few burn holes in the comforters, but they cannot help what idiot guests do to them, you cannot expect a motel to be able to afford new ones everytime someone messes them up. They were clean and that is what counted in my mind. The motel is an older one, but from the two rooms we had they were well kept.

The continental breakfast was not what we would have called delux, but it was sufficient.

All in all if I were going back to this area, I would not hesitate to stay at this motel. Appearantly the people that rated this place so poorly must be used to the Waldorf or Hilton, because I have paid much more for a much worse motel stay in my days.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Forest City
Chimney Rock Inn
Chimney Rock Inn
#4 of 4 in Chimney Rock

Been to Days Inn & Suites Forest City? Share your experiences!