“Best hotel in town”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
New York, United States
“Best hotel in town”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the best hotel in town. Close to Walmart which is 24hrs and chili's/sonic restaurants. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was included in my room with a full selection of buffet items.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forest City, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Scott K,
Thank you so much for your endorsement and your kind word. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again on your next trip to Forest City, NC.
The Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tracy, California
Reviewed 11 October 2013

4/5 circles!!

This was a good choice, and seem to get cudo's from the local business crowd. Locals tell me this is the nicest place in town. I had a great experience! Wifi worked without a hitch, it's free and requires a code to access. Room was clean and modern. HDTV with plenty of channel options, from local TV to the premium cable/satellite offering (HBO, CNN, HGTV, Cartoon Network, Disney, Spike, Sci-Fi, etc.). I had a room with a king bed, very comfortable. Microwave, frig and a nice desk to work from. They have a nice complimentary; breakfast, eggs, bacon, pastries, cereals, coffee ... all the choices that you could want. I was on the first floor that was a little noisy. I will probably request a room on a different floor next time. That cost them 1/2 a star. But it may have been that the parking lot was full when I arrived late monday night and the only King room left.

I had good 4G cell service through AT&T 3/5 bars most of the time. And the same coverage on a different phone through Verizon.

Front Desk staff in the morning could be a little more friendly - that's the other 1/2 star. Cleaning staff and the breakfast staff were very nice, good morning and smiles. I like that! The young man watching during the late night staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Frank F,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review, we are encouraged by your review and also inspired to do better. We are constantly working to improve the quality of your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again on your future visits to this area.

The management team
Enka
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I made a reservation for myself and a co-instructor who were teaching a class for the local paramedics, we arrived and were greeted by April who was extremely pleasant and efficient during our check-in. Our rooms were spacious, I was offered an upgraded room. All staff members I encountered were very pleasant - as in they enjoyed their work and were happy to help you in any way they could.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Traveler,
Your review is much appreciated. Thank you for your encouraging words for our staff. We do strive to go beyond our guest's expectations each and every day. And we will continue to do so in future. We hope to see you again soon.
The management team
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Reserved room thru HIE website at ridiculous price. Was told that there was only one room left, so was kinda stuck as we had to attend a funeral. Parking lot was empty when we arrived, so we inquired at desk about rooms. Was quoted ALOT less, and there were any number of rooms. The staff at the desk told us "there's nothing we can do being that you booked thru Expedia:. We explained that we booked thru the Holiday iInn EX website, we never knew Expedia was even involved. It was too late in day to cancel, so we basically paid about twice what room should have cost. Nothing wrong with the place, just thought they could have been more helpful. Will never, EVER book thru Expedia again, or the HIE website. I will take my chances on arrival.

Room Tip: Wait until you arrive to get a room. You will save some money.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forest City, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Ferd F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please allow us to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the booking process you have experienced. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have stayed at hotels for twenty years with the railroad. Never have I had such a great experience as I did here. I stayed from the 28 of June until the 7 th of july. Jennifer and Elizabeth are tops in my book. Everyone was friendly and went out of there way to accommodate our needs. Thanks again girls. P.M. Collins. CSX

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in late June for him to play in a golf tournament at Lake Lure, NC. The location was not too far away, the hotel was beautiful, well kept and everyone was very nice, especially Shay who helped me with my reservation. I felt very safe, the hotel was near shopping, dining and lots to do. Thanks again to the staff of this great treasure.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Two couples of us booked quite a while ago and had a long day's drive and we were delighted by the new, modern facilities in this Holiday Inn Express. The clerk and an associate were very helpful with dining suggestions. On that note, here's a recommendation for a family restaurant about a half-mile away called "Pop's Place." Bad name but good, really reasonably priced food served by a sprightly waitress named Meghan. No Trip Advisor listing for this restaurant, so it gets a plug here. The breakfast room and assortment (including hot cinnamon rolls) was excellent at the Holiday Inn Express. We were on the road for a week and this was the nicest motel of the lot, superior to Best Westerns and Comfort Suites. My only complaint is a personal taste one--I dislike duvets and this seems to be the "thing" to have. Just give me a sheet and a blanket.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest City
Baymont Inn & Suites Forest City
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling Springs - Gardner Webb University
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling...
#1 of 1 in Boiling Springs
#5 of 8 in Shelby
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
#1 of 1 in Columbus

Been to Holiday Inn Express Forest City? Share your experiences!