Rivendell Cabins
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Franklin
See available hotels
Comfort Inn(Franklin)
Rodeway Inn(Franklin)
Sapphire Inn(Franklin)
  • Free Internet
Relax INN(Franklin)
View Hotel
All reviewswasher and dryerhot tubqueen bedninabumpydeckfallhyundaitvbedsmicrowavesheetshighlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2011

What a treat! There are 3 cabins at Rivendell and I have now stayed in all 3. Each of them has everything you need - from towels, w/d, to packs of cookie mix and hot chocolate! - just bring your own food and you are all set. Each cabin has it's own unique beauty, but the same spectacular view of the mts - morning and night. I've been there in the spring with the wonderful bounty of spring flowers, in the fall with the radiant colors of the tree leaves and in the winter with snow gently falling in the still of the night. It's so nice to get away from the rat race of life and enjoy the peaceful serenity of the mts. And yet you are close enough to town that you can take in a production at the Performing Arts Center. The owner and I have had several pleasant evenings sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee and enjoying the view. I hope to continue returning to Rivendell for that little respit from the real world.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Rivendell9a2, Owner at Rivendell Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Thank you Gary for your posting on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your business with us over the years and hope you have a prosperous year so you can return again! I hope you enjoyed our jams and honey recently; the blackberries were picked on the mountain, wild grown. The honey is from hives nearby. Did you enjoy the Direct TV movie we rented for you? It is our joy to provide small comfort services for our guests.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

We booked on-line and actually spoke to the owner. She knew our age and NEVER mentioned that the driveway to the cabin was steep. Upon arrival, we found that we could get down the driveway with the truck but couldn't turn around and get out. We had to back out, with much difficulty. We called the owner and told her that this was NOT an option, as I have medical problems and if an EMS was needed they would never get in and out. We found another place to stay and when we got home, I nofified my CC company to get a refund on our deposit. The refunded it, after reading my reasons. The owner later "countered" with lies, saying that she HAD told us that the place was "secluded". Well, secluded DOES NOT mean a driveway that can only be used with a 4 WD small vehicle. So we lost our deposit. Can't say what the place looked like inside since the key WAS'T where we were told it would be. Maybe this place is great for newlyweds or singles. But anyone with kids would shouldn't book here,,,,no safe place for kids to play.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laceflamingo
Rivendell9a2, Owner at Rivendell Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

My apologies to you for your misadventure. I hope your stay elsewhere in Franklin was comfortable for you.
Nina

Reviewed 17 October 2010

We stayed in the apartment downstairs from the owner's house. It was smelly from mold and mildew, spidery and dirty with dog hair all over the bedroom. We lit a fire the first night off the front porch, but we had to sit too far away from it to feel any heat. Also, the yard is bizarre with picket fences around tree saplings, various gnome and fairy ornaments and random objects such as an old football half-buried in the yard. Two agressive mutts in the vicinity bark all night to neighboring dogs. In short, the place gave me the creeps. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. It is fully worth springing for something in town or a newly-constructed cabin.

• Stayed: October 2010

My apologies for your problem staying at the duplex. I regret you didn't feel comfortable addressing the issues with me at the time; there might have been an explanation or a refund.
The white fencing is our design to prevent the yard man from destroying our new tender plants and the 2 gnomes are an invitation to the wee folk who live in the forest.
Sometimes us mountain folk are weird!
Nina

Reviewed 28 May 2009

Rivendell has 3 cabins perched on a mountain just outside of town. I stayed in the Cedars which is a 2 bedroom cabin. This cabin was extremely clean. The front porch gives you a beautiful relaxing view of the sunset over the mountains. Has a kitchen with fridge, stove, toaster, microwave, coffeepot plus silverware, towels, papertowels, pots, soap and windex. Bathroom has a stall shower and washer and drier. There are extra towels and soap in cabinets. Cabin very well stocked from mustard to hand cream. The TV does get some premium stations. Living room is spacious and comfortable. The road to the cabins is not for the faint of heart. It is a one lane dirt and gravel bumpy curvy road. Once you get to your cabin you have to turn around to get out and believe me it is a tight turn space. It took me a couple of back and forths in a Tracker, a larger car will find it really tight. I was most comfortable being in 4 wheel drive going up and down. Was it worth it. YES. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. There are some semi wild cats that hang out of the porch please feed them if you go. >^..^<

4  Thank catwoman27