“Best of it all!! Amazing cabin. Awesome views. Incredible value!!”
Review of Rivendell Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franklin
Rivendell Cabins
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Rivendell cabin had it all!! Complete kitchen (including dishwasher), wrap around porch with incredible views of the smoky mountains, soothing hot tub, washer/dryer, wifi, comfy beds - and the whole extended family could all stay here together!! And the price was cheaper than a hotel!! Nina was the perfect hostess and we knew she was available and knowledgable about things to do and places to visit. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Rivendell9a, Owner at Rivendell Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2014

Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to write a review about your stay at Rivendell Cabins! I appreciate your choice to stay here and I hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The owner came in when we left to bring "sheets", there were several sets of Sheets available and this was not necessary at all. She came in unannounced when we left to go gem mining, letting out our beautiful Maltese. He was in the woods for hours on end alone and scared. In addition the owner left the DOOR open to the cabin incase ou Maltese would come back to the other dog still inside our Shihzu. This left our other dog exposed and all our stuff to anyone who happen to wander up to the cabin. The owner could have cost us our precious dog life but thankfully we found him!!!! I would not recommend this place to ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!
She never even did anything to make up for it!!!

Room Tip: This place is also very elevated and a little dangerous!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rae R
Rivendell9a, Owner at Rivendell Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Thank you for your review of your stay at Rivendell Cabins. It is my experience that when we write a review or a response to a review, we reveal to the rest of the world who we are. I apologize your stay at Rivendell was not as you expected. I move along in life doing the best I can as most people do, but sometimes that just is not enough. I'm grateful your dog was found since I spent 3 hours trying to reach you and scouring the neighborhood trying to locate him, including trying to lure him back with an open door to be able to see the pal. I have no excuse for how things happened that day, although many reasons and I don't fall into a trap of explaining or defending my position.
I hope you are able to find better lodging needs next visit. Your first visit here seemed to have been very rewarding.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Our stay in Cedars cabin was absolutely wonderful. It was quiet and very private. This is a great place for a couple to get away for a special trip. My husband and I loved sitting on the porch overlooking the beautiful view of the mountains. The cabin was very clean and well stocked with linens, soap, dishes, etc. The free wi-fi was extremely helpful as our cell phone company had no service anywhere in the area. I was able to post messages on facebook and stay in touch with our family by having them call us on the cabin's phone. The homemade blackberry jam that the owner gave us was a special treat. We were very impressed with how friendly everyone in Franklin was. The road to the cabin is a very narrow gravel road but we managed it okay. We drove a Chevy Silverado and there was enough room to turn around in the parking area. We will definitely be coming back to Cedars cabin or possible the larger Rivendell cabin if we come with another family.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lcoxSC

Lori,
Thank you again for your kindest of words. It is my joy to give a response to people who enjoy what we offer and don't complain about what we don't offer. We know our shortcomings here and appreciate your returns. Writing a review shows who we are as does the response. I see you as genuine and considerate.
I hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was my second trip to Rivendell Cabins this year. This time I stayed in the Rivendell cabin. Loved having the hot tub right on the porch. This is an entirely different place each visit, depending on the seasons. As before, the cabin was clean, comfortable and well maintained. The homemade, fresh blackberry jam Nina left on our porch one day while we were out was a wonderful surprise. She is a most hospitable host. Rivendell once again was everything we hoped for, a quiet, secluded mountain getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LKFoster

Please imagine the joy your words are for me, especially when I read a review that is opposite of what you just posted! From within come the thoughts and intents of the heart and you have served to enlighten my life knowing the little things I do are appreciated and what I neglect to do are not magnified. Thank you very much for your generosity in spirit.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Our cabin was spacious, quiet, and serene. Everything was there other than food (except cookie mix and hat chocolate). Nina scripps our hostess checked in on us to make sure all was well. We really enjoyed the spa while sitting in a light rain and had our "vibation" looking out over the most beautiful views.

I would highly recommend Rivendell Cabins. Travel and stay USA!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Donna N
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The cabins are spacious, homey and clean. Beautiful setting on the side of a mountain. Very gracious hostess, knowledgeable about the area. We especially enjoyed sitting in the hot tub in a light rain enjoying the serene setting and spectacular views. Our family is already planning this to be an annual three generation girls get away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LKFoster
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Our family loved staying in the Rivendell cabins the last week of September into October. The autumn views & the mountain sun's rising & setting there are a spectacular sight to behold. There are regional waterfalls galore to explore & quaint shopping & cafes in the towns of Franklin & Highlands.

Our family stayed in the Rivendell & Evenstar cabins. Nina is a wonderful hostess & the cabins were clean & well stocked with all that we needed to relax & enjoy our time together even laundry detergent. Thank you for a wonderful retreat!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
#3 of 12 in Franklin
Panther Creek Resort
Panther Creek Resort
#11 of 13 in Cherokee

Been to Rivendell Cabins? Share your experiences!