“Clean and comfortable and outstanding customer service”
Review of Colonial Inn

Colonial Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Bumpus Mills, Tennessee
“Clean and comfortable and outstanding customer service”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We booked a room for the two of us and two dogs. I thought the $30 charge for the dogs was kind of high but we didn't have many options. The room was clean and comfortable. My wife is a smoker ,outside only, and she was pleased to see there is a porch all across the front with rocking chairs and ashtrays outside the rooms. We went to a concert that night and came back to see 3 van loads of college kids partying mostly outside the rooms and sometimes right outside our door. It went on until about 11:00 pm and my wife called the office to complain about the noise. The owner took care of the problem and we managed to get a good night's sleep after that. The next morning as we were loading up our car, the owner came over and apologized for the problem, which was not his fault, and offered us $20 back on the cost of our room for the inconvenience. We had not asked for anything back and did not blame him for the noise. We thought it was real nice of him to do that and we will always stay there anytime we are in Franklin, NC.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcc0471
bestcolonialinn, Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2016
Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ocala, FL
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was travelling by myself and felt very safe there (well lit and management is on-site). Every staff person I encountered was friendly and helpful. The furniture is updated and the room appeared nice and clean. Bed very comfortable. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Libby65827
Patterson Georgia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Room appeared to be newly renovated. Everything was clean and fresh smelling. The motel, inside and out, was being updated. In my opinion, this was worth the money. The motel was conveniently located for my purposes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cynthia G
North Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed 10 September 2013

very nice place to stay good service, clean pool, people very friendly good location, fast food or dinning out what ever. good bas camp foe see norht corolina in the smokey mountains area.
great view of the mountains.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RDBARNETT
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I'm a relatively simple traveller. Give me a nice, clean room and I'm happy. However, give me a lecture as I'm checking in and I'm not pleased. We booked with Expedia. The owner gave me a lecture on how much Expedia charges vs. how much he gets. I'm sorry that he's not happy with his cut, but I'm NOT the one he should bring it up with. It had been a long day with a water leak at home that needed to be fixed before we could leave for our 29th wedding anniversary trip. This was a stop over for one night. We were overly tired. I was NOT in the mood to be messed with. I think the owner expected me to pay him more as I was checking in- wrong.
As to the room, it was clean, fresh smelling and everything worked as it should. This is an older hotel. You park outside your room. You may hear your next door neighbor start his motorcycle up in the morning. That was no big deal for us, but might be for someone else. The owner seemed to be in a much better mood in the morning, but went in to check the room before we left. I'm not really sure what he thought he might see. As long as you want a no frills, this is the place to stop.

Room Tip: Wait until there's a new owner
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank newbie2008Buford_Ga
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This property was the only one that had a room available in town and I was so exahusted that I could not drive another mile and was too cold out to sleep in my car. I had a similar experience of finding hair in the bedsheets and pillow cases, a clear sign that the linen was not changed. There were stains all over the bed cover, The room smelled of heavy air fresherner and a trick lodging staff use in spraying deoderizer heavily onto the carpet then saying that the carpet was just recently shampooed. I have seen cleaning staff apply this solution in other properties that I have been in during the day while rooms are being serviced enough to recognize it. I opened the door and ran the air conditioner (exhaust setting on) to do my best to clear out the stench. I went to my car and grabbed my recently cleaned sleeping bag and pair of own linnens and laid my opened sleeping bag onto the top of the bed. After taking a shower, the towel was very thin and stained, I began getting bit by bugs, ahhhhh! I quickly got dressed and went back into my car and got out my rain paints and jacket and put them over my cloths, zipped up my sleeping bag and crawled inside of it, several times during the night, I awoke wih the feeling of bugs around my face. I woke up early in the morning and checked out of the air and gave an earful to the cleak at the front desk. Luckily for me this was a prepaid booking from an online site that I am an elite member of and got a full refund. STAY CLEAR OF THE COLONIAL INN AND STAY ELSEWHERE.

Room Tip: Stay at a different property. My room was either three or to the right of the office on the ground...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank paddler4x
Can not comments Thanks
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was on a business trip and needed a place to rest our heads after a long days drive and work. Unfortunately a gem show was in town at the time so i resorted to mom & pop "local" hotels.

I have worked and managed hotels in California and Missouri. Never in my years have I had to deal with such a jerk of a man! He was rude, condescending and not helpful AT ALL and required me to check-in before 5pm because HE HAD SOMETHING TO DO!!! What the?! You have something to do? well i'm traveling across country and need a place to rest my head..sorry i can't be there in YOUR time. While the price is cheap, dealing with the owner is not worth the $$!! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Room Tip: I did not stay here so the ratings do not apply. Very unfriendly place to even communicate with!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Luv_2_Travel687
Thanks no comments
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
#2 of 3 in Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
#3 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!