Colonial Inn
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Rodeway Inn(Franklin)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsrocking chairsroom was cleanan older hotelwith great water pressurelarge flat screen tvstay there againfridge and microwaveowners and staffhot coffeefood placesnight's sleepmotorcycle tripno frillsshort noticenice sizeplenty of hot watergreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Older motel but room was clean and bed comfortable. AC was a window unit, but adequate. Owner was friendly. No real amenities. They had a pool but it was kept locked for liability reasons. Didn't look very clean. Good for overnight stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same except for size if bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
bestcolonialinn, Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Thanks for your comments we promise will see new look of our pool next summer

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I don't stay in many hotels but this is the second one that has had a severe mold issue. I have allergies and this basically ruined my whole trip. The air conditioner was in desperate need of being cleaned it smelled moldy and musty. The bathroom door was covered in mold. On the upside the staff was very courteous and it was a bargain. Booking.Com has it listed as a facility with a hot tub and pool which is incorrect.

Room Tip: Bring something to remove mold and mildew especially if you have allergies as my son and I do. It may just be that they are having a hard time keeping this under control due to all the rain. Ask the hotel management if they have one that is less moldy. I had traveled 9 hours and was too exhausted too deal with it and wish I had because I ended up going to the urgent care when I came home due to get treated for a respiratory infection due to mold allergies.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan G

Appreciate your time we already fix problem if you like to come back our promise
make you happy please call me on 828-524-6600 will give you good discount
for your past stay

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were in town for a family reunion and needed somewhere to sleep and bathe. We weren't looking for the Hilton or even Holiday Inn Express. Just a room and a shower. We got that with Colonial Inn. The owner and his wife were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms, while nothing to write home about, were clean with fresh linens and a coffee maker. In similar circumstances, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: You have to go to the office to request clean towels. The AC isn't that good, so turn it on as soon as you check in. Book directly with the motel instead of on Priceline, etc. You will get a better price. If you pay with cash, you get a better price.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your time will keep it up

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Was very unimpressed wtih the motel, management, maid service pretty much the whole stay. If you just need a cheap hotel for one night, this is your place, We stayed for 5 nights, The sheets were never changed, the bug in the bathroom floor was still there five days later. The mirrors were so streaked and covered with stuff you couldn't see anything in it at all. We reserved a smoking room and when we arrived we were told there wasn't a smoking room. when we reserved the room smoking was all they had available. The management was rude. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your time Our made found do not disturb sign at cleaning time
We are sorry no body tell us can make some arrangement to clean

Reviewed 8 July 2014

it is a good value for the money not a 5 star but it serves the purpose-- a romantic hotel at my age? not really but a younger person would feel romance in a sears roebuck pup tent since I wasn't concerned about flying I can't answer the airport question

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your reviews will try to feel more happy