“We were satisfied with our room the gal at the front desk...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Candy P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Aside from there being no elevator (that I knew of) and very, very creaky stairs in their stead, I found this location to be clean, nicely appointed, and very friendly service. Access was good, I felt safe, and I even liked the coffee, though I must say that I will always hate powdered creamer... thankfully there was real cream in the lobby. The room, halls, stairs, and lobby were all clean and neat as a pin (in fact, as I was checking out, the pungent odor of floor cleaner wafted through the stairwells). The professionalism of the front desk staff was superb and the attentiveness to each and every person in front of her was polite, patient, and apologetic for any inconvenience - even when, I regret to say, I broke the faucet handle washing my hands as I left my room to check out; I believe her name was Kay McCoy.

It bears mentioning that I noticed that they care about the locals in the community who are less fortunate. This location sits in the midst of the North Georgia Mountains in North Carolina and much like the rest of the country, when folks come all over to populate an area, what may be seen as the local vagabonds, will often be shuffled out of sight. This hotel makes an effort to reach out and help one such man that, in return, gave the hotel a gift every time they did, which in return was humbly and graciously accepted by staff. I am very proud of this hotel and will stay here whenever I visit Franklin, North Carolina.

Room Tip: The ice machine is soooooo loud so ask for a room nowhere near it. Luckily, I had such a room and I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hollybearking

Your feedback about our hotel and staff was a pleasure to receive. We are so thankful to have you as a guest at our hotel in beautiful Franklin, NC. We know that not having an elevator makes it hard, but we have the special flooring in stairwells to keep it safer for guest to walk on. We take all our guest comments seriously and share with the staff. Thank you for taking the time to write comments to help the staff and I, to better serve all our guest.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just needed a place to sleep for the night and Microtel worked out great. Convenient to the main hwys, near places to eat (walking or driving) and a decent quick breakfast before we're on our way. Rooms were of a decent size and the property was very clean and well maintained. Walls and ceiling were the usual thickness (thinness) for this level motel but the other guest were considerate so noise wasn't too bad. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose top floor if you don't want to hear people above you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Comfort Inn
#1 of 3 in Dillard
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin? Share your experiences!