“Quiet & Relaxing”
other travellers have booked this property
Fully Equipped Kitchen Master bedroom with king bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Master bedroom with king bed
Living Room
Loft
Double bunk in loft
Plenty of room to stretch out and relax!
Cozy open porch with mountain views
Living room with french doors
Dining area, viewed from loft
Dining area
Living Room
Queen bed in loft
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tom45030
Harrison, Ohio
“Quiet & Relaxing”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

Wanted to go somewhere for a few days of R&R after a busy year and before the upcoming holidays. Found just what we needed at Rivendell. Very quiet, yet not too far from town. Took advantage of the nice weather one day and did a little sight seeing, but mostly relaxed at the cabin and in the hot tub. Cabin had everything we need, from bedding to cooking utinsels. Had wifi and direct tv which worked well. Only a one lane road about the last mile before the cabin, but we never encountered any traffic on it, so it wasn't a problem. Nice front porch with a great view of the mountains, but with it being on the cooler side, we didn't get to take advantage of it very much. Will definitley keep it in mind when in that area again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace & quiet
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
14 Nov 2013
Sue,
It was a joy having you stay with us at Rivendell and we are very happy you took the time to remark on a public sight how much you enjoyed it. We were also happy for your effort in caring so well for our cabin during your stay!
We are looking forward to having you lodge with us again soon for a time out.
Thank you again for your choice to lodge here and your good review!
Nina Scripps
www.RivendellCabins.com
Samandlin...
Hickory, North Carolina
“It was a good one night rental for the money with only a couple minor issues.k.”
Reviewed 3 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

This is a nice rental unit for the money. Its just a few miles from a Walmart and other things to do. We had no problem with pests and everything was in order for the most part. The heating system worked great and we had a good nights rest. It would be a great cabin for several kids also. The road is a single lane dirt road for maybe the last half mile. We met a vehicle and had to back down and into a driveway to let them pass but this happened only once. We tried multiple times to get the dial up internet to connect and had no luck. The internet was not to big of an issue because my wife had a Verizon cell phone and a good signal on it. We only wanted to check email. I have Sprint and no signal at all. The Direct TV was great and has plenty of channels to choose from. The hot tub was what I was really looking forward to. The water was warm and the tub was covered. It really needed to be drained, cleaned and new water added. There was hair floating on top and scum around the top water level with black junk in the bottom and a bandaid stuck to the top of the tub. The water was also cloudy. I let the pump run about an hour in hopes of clearing it up but this just created more scum on the top. This was a little bit of a let down but since we were staying only one night I didnt worry about it to much. All in all it was good time to get away. It is pretty secluded and homey. I would probably rent again but only if the hot tub is actually drained and cleaned before we arrive. I am confident the owner would have taken care of the issues I discussed if we had called. Since we only had a one night rental there we didn't want to take the time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The seclusion and the overall feeling of home.
Liked least: Dirty hot tub.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
3 Mar 2012
I'm so happy you had a good experience at Rivendell. We had problems with cleaners during that period of your stay and so I deeply and humbly apologize for the hot tub issue; I surely would have addressed it had you called but our hot tubs are drained and refreshed with regularity; just that our regular cleaner had surgery on his hand and the hot tub slipped by the substitute for that cleaning. I look forward to hosting you again soon, and will discount your next stay with us in apology for the dismay you experienced.
PS November 2013
We now have a new hot tub in there which is easier for us to manage and for our guests to access. I'm guessing your next trip will be more rewarding for you. I am just a hop away from the cabin and can easily take care of any issues you have very quickly, and even have extra gas tanks in case your grill runs out. The computer was wi fi and not dial up so likely that was the problem, it needed to connect to wi fi. If you need assistance I even have extra laptop computer in the office which
I can easily bring to you. We are installing new phones as well so you will be able to use the house phone for long distance.
FL
Reviewed 31 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
31 Jan 2012
Thank you for your kind words Gary! Rivendell is always happy to have our return guests give us a good comment. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again for your visit next year.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 25 January 2012 for a stay in August 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
25 Jan 2012
Thank you dear guests/friends for this kind review of our cabins. I love the pictures. I hope your winter is kind to you; see you soon! I hear the mines calling...
MI
Reviewed 24 January 2012 for a stay in September 2011

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
24 Jan 2012
Thank you for your kind review for us on FlipKey, Jennie! We at Rivendell are awaiting your arrival in February. Enjoy your journey here and we'll have everything ready for your arrival!
Nina
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$145
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing