other travellers have booked this property
Covered Porch with Rocking Chairs Dining Area
Mountain Views
Mountain Views
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Full Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Nole_Fan5...
Tallahassee, Florida
“Evenstar”
Reviewed 5 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I, along with our dog, stayed five (5) nights at the Evenstar cabin. The cabin itself was fine. I appreciated being able to have our dog with us (a requirement), connect my tablet via Wi-Fi, and watch the football games on satellite TV. The TV is kind of small though and not a flat screen. My wife appreciated having the washer and dryer and there is a nice mountain view from the front of the cabin. Unfortunately, there is one problem that would prevent us from renting this cabin again. The driveway leading off the road and down to the cabin is about 75 - 100 feet or so and VERY steep. The driveway is comprised of about 75% dirt and 25% gravel. If the ground is damp there is very little traction. The first time we tried to leave and backup the driveway, the wheels just spun after about 20 feet. I thought that if we turned the vehicle around rather than backing up, it might be easier. There is not much room to turn a vehicle around but after several attempts I managed to do it. Even going straight, the wheels still spun. I had to find rocks and branches to put on the driveway for traction and eventually able to go forward. Once we reached the top of the driveway and the road, we did not use the driveway again for fear of not being able to leave again. We decided to park our vehicle, a 2012 Kia Sorento SUV, off the road near the driveway (about 150 feet from the cabin). We also ended up leaving a day early because rain was forecast and we wanted to make sure the vehicle was packed before the rain started.. We had to make numerous trips up and down the steep driveway to pack our vehicle. Again, let me say that the cabin itself was satisfactory for the two of us but the driveway issue is what would prevent us from renting it again. Maybe this would not be a problem for someone with a 4-wheel drive or similar vehicle but it is something to consider.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
6 Jan 2015
Thank you folks for a good review of what we offer at Evenstar of Rivendell. I drive a 2000 Toyota Camry and I never have any trouble with any of our driveways, nor do any of our cleaners. I'm so sorry for your trouble managing the roadway. Our aim at Rivendell is to provide guests with a relaxing secluded getaway yet with all the comforts of home. The mountain roads sometimes can be a problem for folks more accustomed to flat and straight roads. Blessings and prosperity for your coming new year, 2015.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing