“What a gem!”

Boone Thai Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 92 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had lunch with my daughter and granddaughter here. The food was wonderful! The vegetable rolls were fresh and flavorful. I had the Shrimp Green Curry, my granddaughter had Garlic Chicken and my daughter the Pad Thai Noodles. I sampled each and ti was great. A very unexpected find in Franklin, NC.

2  Thank ndavis52

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I visited this restaurant while taking care if some business in Franklin today. When I heard there was a Thai place I was excited since I have been living in Thailand for the past seven years and haven't had any Thai food since I have been home visiting family for the past new months.

When entering the restaurant you see the typical Thai decorations that you would find in an upscale restaurant in Thailand. One decoration that was missing was a portrait of the King of Thailand which always makes me believe that the restaurant is not Thai owned.

The lunch menu looked interesting with some of the dishes you would find in Thailand. We ordered a couple of Chang beers and the waitress did not understand the Thai pronunciation of the name and I had to point to the drink menu.

I was in the mood for Phad Kraprao. In Thailand you usually do not see this on the menu but it is always available. The waitress had no idea what I was talking about and instead of asking the chef she just said that they didn't sell it. I opted for the Panang Curry with pork. My son went with the pork fried rice with sweet basil.

The curry was tasty but extremely bland. The green beans were mushy and instead of using spicy chilies they used sweet bell peppers adding too much sweetness to the dish.

My sons fried rice was mushy as if the rice had been cooked with too much water.

The staff was attentive and the food was served quickly. The dishes were reasonably priced.

The restaurant ends the lunch service at 230 pm. We arrived at 210 pm. This may accounted for the average meals.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have had dinner here twice while in Franklin, and both times were great! The portions are large, the restaurant is very clean, the staff is very courteous and knowledgeable. And the food is fabulous and spiced perfectly. I had the green curry and my friend had the yellow curry, we were both very pleased with the taste and the spice. This is definitely the Thai place to go to in Franklin!

1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Great food, fast service, convenient. A great find tucked in the mountains! We go every year when we visit this part of the country, a great family tradition. :)

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We visited Franklin NC for a family vacation and found this to be the only Thai restaurant in the area. My husband and I eat at least one Thai restaurant when we visit new places. I specifically asked if the pad see euk came with the extra wide noodles and made it clear that u didn't want to order that if it came with egg noodles! Well, I got it with egg noodles and it didn't even look visually appealing. I asked to reorder and said I'd like the pad won sen. The waiter said he didn't even know what that was! Lol! So he gave me the menu and I ordered house Thai fried rice. It didn't look like the typical fried rice. It tasted ok. My husband ordered the red curry. He said it tasted bland like it was missing something. I tasted his before I reordered and I knew I did not want the red curry. He didn't even eat it all. The spring rolls were greasy. Well, the service was good and the atmosphere was satisfactory. I wouldn't recommend this to friends; however, if you're in that area and have a hankering for Thai food, it is worth a try.