“Skip the comfort”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Irvington Ky
Reviewed 1 August 2005

We booked over the phone for two non-smoking rooms, one with a king size and one with double beds. We got smoking rooms and no king size bed; also we had knats galore. We tried for two days to get the manager to work with us but he kept avoiding us. We finally had to pay the full amount with no help from them. I would not recommend going there unless there is no place left to sleep. We were not told over the phone that there was a gem convention going on and the owner decided to not allow any discounts. If you can avoid Franklin all together, I would advise you to continue traveling down the road.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 24 February 2005

Does this hotel even have a housekeeping staff? There sanatation grade is a B. Rooms are not clean I was checked in to a room and given my key. My wife and I went to our room and found out that it was dirty. It looks like the housekeeper did not even go in the room. I contacted the desk clerk that checked us in and he had to go and inspect several rooms before he could find one that was 'clean'. Once we were in our room we had to call the desk again to get towel as there were none in our room. He was very busy as it seamed that I was not the only one who was with out towels. The desk clerk was doing laundry himself as I guess everything was dirty. He did work very hard to help us but it seamed to be the only one who cared. I tried to talk to the manager in the morning but could not get ahold of him and the girl behind the desk was very short and rude to me saying 'I don't know when he will be in'. Next time I will be staying across the street at the hampton.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 December 2003

I don't usually write reviews but sometimes you just get customer service that is above and beyond and you just have to tell people. My husband Rick and I were driving home to Chicago from Florida when we were caught in the first snow of the season in our rear wheel drive lexus coup. Rather then chance it we decided to pull off the side of the road and walk. We could plainly see the Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn not far away, but it was very cold and very slippery. By the time we made it to the top of the hill we were snow covered and our faces looked frost bitten. We went to Hampton Inn first because we had been to one before but were very unhappy to hear the rate which I believe was outrageous for November! It was almost double what we paid at the other Hampton! We immediatly left and went to the Comfort Inn. The desk clerk, Greg, was extremely helpful in finding us a perfect room at a great price that did not take advantage of stranded frost bitten travelers. He pointed us to the 24 hour coffee and got us towels to dry off with and just really made the whole night better. This was not the end of the wonderful service at this property. In the morning while we were eating breakfast the owner himself came to tell us that Greg had told him about our situation, and since the roads were clear he would gladly give us a ride to our car. I have never had a better experience at a hotel which considering the circumstances could have been the worst experience of our trip. Thanks again to the wonderful staff at the Comfort Inn in Franklin NC!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2003

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Franklin several times this past week and I have to say I definatly plan on staying there many more times in the future. The staff was really friendly, the lobby was well decorated and the room was well appointed. The best part was how close it was to Wal-Mart and eating places! The view from room 323 was really perfect! I would definatly recommend this establishment to anyone traveling in the Western North Carolina area.

2  Thank ArmyWifeTraveler6603
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 3 July 2003

It was nice to have an indoor pool for the evenings after rafting and swimming in ice cold water all day but the hotel is just average. The fitness center consists of a treadmill and exercise bike in a TINY room with no windows. The breakfast has NO protein, carbs and fat only.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 12 in Franklin
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
#2 of 6 in Sylva

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!