“Friendly people, clean motel, picture perfect”
Review of Carolina Motel

Carolina Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I saw this motel reviewed on this site. I saw a picture of it and the reviews so I booked a room. I was taking my 2 grandchilden (boy, age 7, girl, age 4) gem hunting and my 19-year-old son came along.

The office is big and is surrounded by dark smoky glass windows. The doors are the same glass. There is an area to park in when you check in that is completely covered by a roof. There are tables and chairs for your continental breakfast. There is also a tv, couch, magazines, big coffee table and chairs there. Perfectly clean!

The service was wonderful. I was given maps and directions to a gem mines plus told about waterfalls in the area. I didn't know about the waterfalls. They were one of the best parts of our short trip. Thanks for the waterfall info.

The room was large, clean and very attractive. The bathroom was spotless.

The motel was very easy to find.

There is nothing I did not like about the motel.

The fenced- in porch runs the whole length of the motel rooms and is at least 8 feet from the building to the access ramps to the parking lot. There are shrubs and plants between the porch and the parking lot. Also, outside each room were 2 white plastic chairs and a table in between the chairs. That was a really nice touch.

My son loved the air conditioning. He gets hot quickly and had it cranked up and cold.

The beds were not saggy. The sheets were pale blue! I am not used to anything but white. The bedspreads and drapes matched perfectly.

We had a large window at the front of the room and one at the back. The view was nice and green out the back and you could see the cabins you could rent.

Our room had a flat screen Vizio tv mounted on the wall. My flat screen is 40" and this appeared to be larger. Boy, was that a plus. Easy to see and very clear picture. There was also a laminated listing of tv channels that was easy to read without reading glasses!

The dresser was at the back of the room and had 2 very large and deep drawers. It also had a lamp on it with 2 pull strings for the bulbs and throws out a lot of light. There were sparkling white blankets in one of the drawers ( if you were cold). That was great. The dresser was very long so I put a lot of items on it. I always bring paper towels to put under anything damp so I don't ruin the furniture. There was also a shelf (on the opposite wall) mounted higher for you to hang clothes up and a stand (that folds) to put your suitcases on when you pack or unpack.

The night stand between the 2 beds had a drawer (which most don't) and a shelf underneath.

The table in the room was large and was under the tv but didn't block viewing. The chairs were great. There was a floor lamp next to the table and I could cross-stitch at 3 a.m. and see. I am an early riser.

There were 4 chairs total in the room, I believe.

Our room had a refrigerator in it and a microwave. The refrigerator kept the food cold.

We had plenty of towels and it was easy to get more.

The ice machine was at the end of the porch where the motel makes an L shape and there are 4 more rooms, I think.

The ice machine really kicks out ice quickly! There is also a soda machine there.

The children's playground is fenced and padloocked. You have to get a key from the front office. I took my 2 grandkids later in the day and they loved it. My grandson even pushed me and his sister on the merry-go-round until I got dizzy and I was sitting down.
The playground was all grass and mowed.

Nature send gnats so we went back to our room.

We didn't use the pool but it is amazingly clean and all fenced in. There are chairs and tables with umbrellas outside the pool area. There was a lovely glass area around the pool where the chairs and tables are, perfectly manicured. There are colorful chairs on the grass so you can tan and a pony-size horse statue pulling a wagon.

There are other details but I won't go into them or I will never finish this review.

The motel is white/off white with I believe dresden blue color accents. It is incredibly attractive.

I got there on a Tuesday afternoon and left Thurday morning. The people who work there were cleaning the globes of the lights outside all the rooms, washing the windows, and cleaning the pool in the short time I was there.

I spoke to several of the workers and they gave me information about the area and were incredibly nice.

Apparently they had just come off a very busy weekend and had a chance to breathe and talk a little.

I will go back to this motel again when my husband and I go gem mining!

Room Tip: I don't know. I believe all the rooms are incredibly quiet. Ours was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JacsBay

Reviewed 15 July 2011

If you like to park right in front of your room, walk into and stay in a clean, comfortable room, at a very reasonable rate, the Carolina Motel is for you!

Very friendly staff
Very modern, clean rooms
Flat Panel TV, with Cable TV with Plenty of Channels
Air Condtion worked great in very hot weather
Nice pool
Basic breakfast but was good
GREAT PRICE-I paid $59/night

This is not the Hilton, but it is very clean, and comfortable., and the price is right!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The Carolina Motel is the nicest motel that we have every visited. We are not real fancy people and we enjoy the smaller motel compared to the bigger hotels. The Carolina Motel was very clean, the beds were soft and comfortable, the staff were super helpful and friendly, we felt at home and safe the whole time that we were registered. We like that the Carolina is American owned and operated and we feel that we should support our fellow American business operators.

Signed,
Roll Tide, Go Alabama

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet even though we faced a busy main road, we still did not notice the traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GobamagoOneonta_AL
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I trust TripAdvisor reviews and the reviews for this motel sounded great. It's always wonderful when your expectations are met. We were not disappointed! Just as everyone had commented-- the staff very friendly and helpful and the rates very reasonable. When we arrived, we were greeted with a warm friendly smile, given info on places we wanted to visit and directed to our room. The room (room, bathroom, linens) was very clean (a Big stickler with me!) with plenty of room for my husband and myself-- the beds were comfy, I only got coffee and a muffin from the continental breakfast because I was in a hurry so didn't really check out all that was available but it seemed adequate. I liked the motor lodge feel since I like retro so much--and it was so convenient--didn't have to drag luggage down long corridors--parked right outside the door! Thanks to everyone who makes honest comment onTripAdvisor. You're worth a mint to me when traveling!

Room Tip: Our room was midway in the strip--with no problems
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Spent 1 night here and was well pleased from check in to cleaniess of room and grounds. If personal service is what you like this is for you. Park in front of your door ,large rooms, our had king bed, recliner, table ,2 chairs, micro, ref., good size bathroom too..

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank motorycle
Reviewed 27 May 2011

What a beautiful place, friendliest folks, and fantastic experience. When I saw the pics of the Log Cabin (and they are exactly as shown in pics) I just knew we had to stay there so I booked it for a few nights in the 2nd week of May. The property is beautiful and serene and the 1 bdrm Log Cabin is rustic, very roomy for 2 and a great place to spend your nights in Franklin. You really get into the laid back atmosphere especially at night just sipping some good vino and sitting on the rocking chair on the porch enjoying heaven on earth! The proprietors and staff were extremely helpful w/local recommendations and that good ole NC mountain hospitality. I would highly recommend the Log Cabin for a "romantic and very pleasant evening"--not to mention the full kitchen facilities etc. Everything was immaculate as well! We'll be back and will stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay in the Log Cabin!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2011

As others have noted, the room decor is a bit dated, but everything was incredibly clean. The beds weren't bad, and the pillows were really comfortable (I am really picky with my pillows, and like high, fluffy ones. These fit the bill!). The bathroom was extremely clean too. The front desk staff was super helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was adequate. If I find myself in the area again (I was only passing through on my way to the Smokies), I will very likely choose this hotel again. The biggest downside is that the main office closes at 10pm, so if you are arriving late (my flight only came in at 10), make sure you call them in advance to let them know you'll be coming in late so they can find a way to get you your room key! The only other minus is that the air conditioning unit in the room was really loud! It worked just fine (the air temp was perfect), but every time it came on it started off quite loudly.

Room Tip: Call them!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dorafig82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
#2 of 3 in Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
#3 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Carolina Motel? Share your experiences!