“Best motel in the NC mountain region!”
Review of Carolina Motel

Carolina Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Kernersville
“Best motel in the NC mountain region!”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Sixty year old family owned motel than is in unbelievably great condition! Beds were the best I've slept on in a motel/hotel lately. Flat screen HD tv. Recently renovated and super clean bathrooms and room. We would highly recommend to anyone. Lots to do in the area. Great value!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
menlo, georgia
Reviewed 5 September 2011

very nice motel!!! we enjoyed our stay and will stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Doylestown, Ohio
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Checked in today8-28-11. Looked like an old motel from Rt. 66. Has a swimming pool and chairs out front. Outside was neat and clean. This motel has just been redone and is like brand new. Beds are fantastic. Bathrooms are completely redone. And the lady at the office couldn't have nicer. Staying here is like walking through a time machine. What a great motel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Carolina Motel continues to be one of our favorite hotels in the United States. A proven, clean, and friendly winner.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We have stayed at nearly every motel in Franklin for our yearly family reunion, but the Carolina Motel is my favorite. It's clean, easy to find, and has a nice pool - but most importantly, the lady who runs the front desk is awesome. She was always pleasant and went out of her way to help us with whatever we needed. This motel is a great value and we will keep coming back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RubyRed2010
Alton, Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I saw this motel reviewed on this site. I saw a picture of it and the reviews so I booked a room. I was taking my 2 grandchilden (boy, age 7, girl, age 4) gem hunting and my 19-year-old son came along.

The office is big and is surrounded by dark smoky glass windows. The doors are the same glass. There is an area to park in when you check in that is completely covered by a roof. There are tables and chairs for your continental breakfast. There is also a tv, couch, magazines, big coffee table and chairs there. Perfectly clean!

The service was wonderful. I was given maps and directions to a gem mines plus told about waterfalls in the area. I didn't know about the waterfalls. They were one of the best parts of our short trip. Thanks for the waterfall info.

The room was large, clean and very attractive. The bathroom was spotless.

The motel was very easy to find.

There is nothing I did not like about the motel.

The fenced- in porch runs the whole length of the motel rooms and is at least 8 feet from the building to the access ramps to the parking lot. There are shrubs and plants between the porch and the parking lot. Also, outside each room were 2 white plastic chairs and a table in between the chairs. That was a really nice touch.

My son loved the air conditioning. He gets hot quickly and had it cranked up and cold.

The beds were not saggy. The sheets were pale blue! I am not used to anything but white. The bedspreads and drapes matched perfectly.

We had a large window at the front of the room and one at the back. The view was nice and green out the back and you could see the cabins you could rent.

Our room had a flat screen Vizio tv mounted on the wall. My flat screen is 40" and this appeared to be larger. Boy, was that a plus. Easy to see and very clear picture. There was also a laminated listing of tv channels that was easy to read without reading glasses!

The dresser was at the back of the room and had 2 very large and deep drawers. It also had a lamp on it with 2 pull strings for the bulbs and throws out a lot of light. There were sparkling white blankets in one of the drawers ( if you were cold). That was great. The dresser was very long so I put a lot of items on it. I always bring paper towels to put under anything damp so I don't ruin the furniture. There was also a shelf (on the opposite wall) mounted higher for you to hang clothes up and a stand (that folds) to put your suitcases on when you pack or unpack.

The night stand between the 2 beds had a drawer (which most don't) and a shelf underneath.

The table in the room was large and was under the tv but didn't block viewing. The chairs were great. There was a floor lamp next to the table and I could cross-stitch at 3 a.m. and see. I am an early riser.

There were 4 chairs total in the room, I believe.

Our room had a refrigerator in it and a microwave. The refrigerator kept the food cold.

We had plenty of towels and it was easy to get more.

The ice machine was at the end of the porch where the motel makes an L shape and there are 4 more rooms, I think.

The ice machine really kicks out ice quickly! There is also a soda machine there.

The children's playground is fenced and padloocked. You have to get a key from the front office. I took my 2 grandkids later in the day and they loved it. My grandson even pushed me and his sister on the merry-go-round until I got dizzy and I was sitting down.
The playground was all grass and mowed.

Nature send gnats so we went back to our room.

We didn't use the pool but it is amazingly clean and all fenced in. There are chairs and tables with umbrellas outside the pool area. There was a lovely glass area around the pool where the chairs and tables are, perfectly manicured. There are colorful chairs on the grass so you can tan and a pony-size horse statue pulling a wagon.

There are other details but I won't go into them or I will never finish this review.

The motel is white/off white with I believe dresden blue color accents. It is incredibly attractive.

I got there on a Tuesday afternoon and left Thurday morning. The people who work there were cleaning the globes of the lights outside all the rooms, washing the windows, and cleaning the pool in the short time I was there.

I spoke to several of the workers and they gave me information about the area and were incredibly nice.

Apparently they had just come off a very busy weekend and had a chance to breathe and talk a little.

I will go back to this motel again when my husband and I go gem mining!

Room Tip: I don't know. I believe all the rooms are incredibly quiet. Ours was very quiet.