“A locally owned gem in the mountains!”
Review of Carolina Motel

Carolina Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 5 September 2013

On a recent road trip across North Carolina, I stopped in Franklin to see if a motel I stayed at many years ago was still in business. Imagine my surprise to find it was and had been updated to an exceptional, accommodating motel. The manager, Debbie Drake, shared with me the trials and tribulations of bringing this place up to standards. The layout is a semi-circle with a pool out front, super clean large rooms and a complimentary continental breakfast that is a cut above most. When on road trips I like to park right in front of my room and at the Carolina Motel that's no problem. The in-room wi-fi is excellent. This location is close to all that the Franklin area has to offer, and Debbie will be more than happy to provide maps and directions. Or and I forgot to add that the prices are more than fair.

Room Tip: The last rooms #17 and #18 are large enough to accommodate a family.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DiamondLil47

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This is the only place I will stay when I am anywhere near Franklin. It is homey and very clean. The price is fair. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Don't look any further. Stay here. I have been on an extensive road trip staying in hotels each night. This one is my favorite. It was perfect for me.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bassmagnet
Reviewed 11 August 2013

A little bit of nostalgia! It reminds me of the places I stayed with my grandparents when I was a kid. The motel is all one level and it's shaped somewhat like a semi-circle with the pool out in front and you are able to park right in front of your room. The room was very clean, the beds were actually very comfortable and after a hot day at the BBQ Festival the air conditioner was wonderfully ice cold!! We spent the evening at their 11 foot swimming pool surrounded by lots of chairs, a large pergola and even picnic tables! All the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! And it was reasonably priced! Our room had a large flat screen, a microwave and small refrigerator. It was perfect and when we are back in Franklin, NC this is where we will most definitely be staying! Thanks Carolina Motel for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BigMommaBrown
Reviewed 8 August 2013

It had been more than a year since our last trip to Franklin, North Carolina, but Carolina Motel continues to be one of our favorite places to stay—immaculate, friendly, affordable, and accommodating. The small cabin was a gem, and we’ve already made reservations for the week of next year’s gem shows.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We found this motel by accident -- an unexpected trip. The rooms were spacious, immaculate by anyone's standards. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Gave excellent recommendations and directions. The housekeeping staff was awesome. The pool area was clean and inviting and the water was pristine. If you are staying in Franklin, you can't beat this for the price.

Room Tip: We thought that being close to the office would be noisy with too much traffic but it wasn't. I...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte C
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The husband and I recently stayed here for 2 nights. The management was helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and up to date and reasonably priced. We were in Franklin to gem mine and go see the water falls. Staff give us directions to each and recommended places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sheila6787
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The inn was a very nice little place. You can tell that there has been a lot of remodeling done. Rooms were nice sized and clean. The staff was super friendly. Upon check in- the owners (managers?) were so great as to give us a bunch of local info on where to eat, where to mine, roads to travel and a great map of the town. The pool is really nice as you don't find many that are deeper than 5'. This one went to 11'! Very well kept place. Also had a nice playground for little ones. The breakfast was okay, my daughter liked it but I prefer to have some better form of protein than yogurt (not my favorite).
Down side? No coffee maker or alarm clock in what was deemed a "suite". While the cleaning staff was helpful they did a less than stellar job. I am not a picky traveler but I do expect that when you say you have cleaned my room, I do not find hair (mine of course) still on the bathroom floor! Also we originally wanted to stay 4 nights. Because of our long trip home, we wanted to drive part way back a day earlier. 2 different employees tried repeatedly to call the owners (who never returned or answered their calls) to see if we could check out a day early and get refunded the one day. I would say that was the biggest gripe I had was not being about to get someone to make a decision without talking to the owners. If you are not going to be available to answer questions, how about giving your employees the okay to answer them without you.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge and microwave, you have to "upgrade" to a suite for about $10 more...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ReginaM2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Knights Inn Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
#3 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Carolina Motel? Share your experiences!