“Very Good Place to Stay in Franklin”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sapphire Inn

Sapphire Inn
Sapphire Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Asheville, North Carolina
“Very Good Place to Stay in Franklin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

The Sapphire Inn is a great place to stay while in Franklin. Tammy at the front desk was extremely helpful with check in and anything else that I need. Terry who also works there is very helpful. The rooms are big, beds are very soft and comfortable and each room has a small refrig. and microwave as well as cable tv and wifi. I would definitely stay there any time I come to Franklin. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Comer, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Dated, but good value. perfect place for the budget conscience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
High Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stayed there several years ago and it was nice. This last week we had reservations. When I called the front desk indicated they were almost booked up. When we got there no one else was staying there. That was my first red flag. We went in the room and pulled back the sheets and there was hair on them, not one or two but many. I went to the front desk and asked for a refund. Got it no questions asked. They didn't even seem concerned that we were leaving. I would not stay there. Many other nice places in the area.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KATHY H

Travellers are raving about these Franklin hotels

new florence, pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

It was a nice and friendly place to stay. We went gem mining, It served us very well. Donna the receptionist was very helpful and very friendly. There was a guy named Rick who helps out at the inn was very nice, he also was a big help.
the only fault I had with it was the bath towels. They remind me of the ones in a hair salon. But no problem, i asked Donna for some thicker towels and she gave me the best in the house. The housekeeper didnt speak English and that was awkward. Over all I cant wait until I go back next year. Hope to see you again Donna. Peg and Zane Gartland, from Pa.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rubyNewFlorence_Pa_
Cleveland, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

We have stayed there the past four years on our annual visit to Franklin. It appears to have changed management/ownership. It was never fancy but has been comfortable and affordable. It has really been let go from last visit until now. During our stay we found fleas and flea bits the next morning and we checked out. The woman at the front desk acted like it was no big deal. She told me they would have to do a special price the next time. I told her there would be no next time. The bathroom was also dirty and the small bath towel had grease on it like someone used it to wipe off the engine on their car. I have found that their are several places to stay in town at the same price or slightly more. I will be staying at one of them next year and would encourage you to do the same.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank outdooradventurer-u2
Weaverville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

The Sapphire Inn suited my needs for the trip- a clean place to stay with free internet. After an unpleasant experience at another North Carolina motel, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this place offered a much better experience at a lower price. The inn isn't new or fancy but it was clean. It seems to be locally owned and the lady at the front desk was friendly. It has a pool, which I didn't get to try while I was there. I was surprised to find that my room came with a little refrigerator and microwave. The internet was fast, but I have learned to be careful on any hotel's unsecured network. The towels were a little on the skimpy side, but that wasn't the end of the world for me. I was just looking for a clean, safe place to sleep and needed internet for work. If you are expecting a place like a big city Hilton you will be disappointed, but if you are looking for an affordable, clean place then this might be right for you.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Owensboro, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

This is a very nice motel, good value, good beds, and nice people that works there, check in and out was very fast and easy. There is only one thing that I would change. When we arrived there was only 1 bath towel and one hand towel in the room. We did ask for more and housekeeping brought them to us. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard
BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley

Been to Sapphire Inn? Share your experiences!