“Bed for the night”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
“Bed for the night”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent the night on 6/21/14 while taking a scenic drive through the area. Hampton Inn only had a full size accessible room for $99. Quality Inn only had smoking rooms avaliable so we just rode down the road and came upon this motel. Got a room with 2 queens for $62 with tax. The room was plain, old and just basic. TV, microwave and mini-fridge. There was no coffee pot. Only a couple towels and washcloths. We slept then left early Sunday to continue our drive. The savings over Hampton Inn and Quality inn was more than 30% but you give up about 60% in service & amenities. Not my first or second choice but met or basic needs. Not bad for what it is.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Woofie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I enjoy the country life and good old southern hospitality. The owners are personable and sweet. The hotel is very affordable. The understanding is there, that the middle class population tries to have a "good time vacationing" also. I really hope any new comers see this as well. God Bless.

Room Tip: Upstairs naturally~ is great ! But if you have a cargo trunk any normal person with commonsense woul...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lilwrenn74
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The lady who checked us in was very nice & accomodating. The room was old & average, beds were terrible. That's the worst thing about it. Best thing was location, there was a restaurant nearby called Ms. Lois's, amazing country food at a great price!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tamara H
Irvington, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed 3/21/14, we had a King on the second floor. This is an older hotel, don't expect it to be brand new, it's not, the room was clean, and neat. We had no problems and the beds and linens were clean. Typical for the price. Don't be afraid, you need a place after being on the road all day this place will do it and the price was very good!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Other than having a nice guy, Fred, working at the Sapphire, this place is a dump! If you own a place you have to invest money back into it to keep the condition up and this place is simply terrible. The first room I checked into had a stopped up sink so I went to the office and was moved to another room. There were two thin - I mean so thin you could see through them - towels hanging on the shower door. One of them was filthy so I carried it to the office and Fred changed it for another one. The bathmat is made of paper which is so stupid since it sticks to your feet when you get out of the shower with wet feet. So I ran the hot water for a while to get it hot but it never got more than luke warm. I saw Fred later and he said that other people must have been using the hot water. Well yeah, it is a motel with more than one room so there just might be more than one person using hot water. There were long hairs on the shower wall and just the general feeling that this is one step above a homeless shelter. I couldn't leave fast enough the next morning. Disgusting!

Room Tip: Find a room some place else.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Barney S

Travellers are raving about these Franklin hotels

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We have stayed and reviewed Sapphire before, and while Franklin is a great overnight location I fear this will be our last stay here. We were in Room 1 and it was better than Room 4 from the previous stay, but there was no Kleenex in the bathroom and they quit serving coffee in the mornings (may be a blessing in disguise!)
We had been staying with family and elected to use our own sheets that we had with us as there was some concern that the ones on the bed were not clean or had not been changed. We were offered an interesting room pricing option. Cash at $45 (no tax?) or on a card with the tax and maybe a card charge that amounted to $51 or so. That is what we did.
Frankly the friendly folks that run the great Mexican restaurant across the street should buy the motel and put some of their energy and talent in to making Sapphire what could be a great little hotel and business

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I will start by saying we have stayed at this location for est. 20+ years in October. Every year, for the last few years the repair of the rooms have constantly diminished.... along with the kindness of the staff.

Upon arriving (after dark) after a 9 hour motorcycle journey to the motel, I turn down the sheets to find that the sheets have been used and not cleaned. Curly hairs (you know what kind) and blood on the sheets. Due to the late arrival, I covered the bed in towels and slept in my clothes. In the morning, my brother went down to the front desk to tell about our experience and was told they are very sorry and that she will tell the "maid". We leave for our ride of the mountains and upon arriving in the evening I immediately pulled the comforter back to..... You guessed it.... Reveal that the blood stain was still there. Another trip to the front desk and was told the front desk personally went and inspected the sheets and found no blood, therefore took it upon themselves to not change the sheets. They said they would have the "maid" change them tomorrow. After a furious display, they agreed to come up and inspect with us WHERE THEY AGREED, INDEED, THE SHEETS HAD BLOOD ON THEM. Disgusting.

There were other issues, but I felt this one has enough weight to stand on its own.

On our second to last day, we were told by a desk clerk that this was the last year our large group would receive a group rate. Charge $90+ a night in this kind of place! No worries. We won't be back. And I'm doubtful anyone that has stayed there recently will either.

Run a bad business and it is destined to fall apart.

What a shame.

Room Tip: All of the beds are harder than a park bench and not as clean. Go on down the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites

Been to Sapphire Inn? Share your experiences!