“Haunted Cabin?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frisco
Frisco Woods Campground
Broadway, Virginia
“Haunted Cabin?”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just spent 7nights here and had a blast! The price is reasonable for the number of people the cabins accommodate but it would be nice if the full size mattress wasn't so thin as our hipbones were digging into the plywood bed all night. Rectified this situation by taking the two extra twin mattresses and putting them side by side underneath the full mattress. We brought a mini fridge which would be another nice convenience if they could add a couple ammenities to the cabins. The only weird thing I am left wondering is if our cabin was haunted. I can't find any other reviews or stories about this but one member of my party heard somebody calling her on the last night of our stay and felt a small child's hand push her as if nidgingg her to get up and this happened twice. Anyways, not worried about it, I felt very comfortable here.
Otherwise the bath house was always very clean, we enjoyed kayaking on the sound out back and the pool is very nice with ample seating and a cute wooden rockingn deck chair.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank hlt2obx

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stone Harbor, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First let me say that we have never been to OBX or Hatteras during the peak season - I would imagine it can get quite crowded during the summer! We hit Frisco Woods at least once per year - always the first two weeks in June (arriving after Memorial Day Weekend), then usually again in the Fall, sometimes as late as Thanksgiving Weekend. We always stay on one of the soundfront, full hook-up sites in our travel trailer. We are beach people, and love to surf fish, so spend most of the daytimes on the beaches from Avon to Hatteras Inlet. Evenings at Frisco Woods are great - best sunsets around! Watching the windsurfers and kite boarders is always fun.

We seldom use the washrooms or pool, but the pool has always looked clean, and the washrooms near the pool have been recently redone and air conditioned. The utilities have always worked, although the WiFi is sometimes spotty, and we have never had a problem with late partiers - although it does look like some of the young people have fun down in the tent area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wiliwali
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My favorite place to go...some sites are a few steps literally from the sound...nicest sunsets I've ever seen..photographers dream. Not a fancy campground but the sound is beautiful...not deep, great for kids to play in, dogs to play in, kayaks, boards etc. the access road to the beach if you want to drive on the beach is very convenient..nice people in the office

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A friend and I decided last minute to take a weekend trip to the OBX. After looking at hotels, almost everything was either sold out for a Saturday night or was expensive. I researched other options on TripAdvisor and found Frisco Woods Campground. I am so glad we found this gem of a place because we will be returning the next time we stay overnight in the OBX. Frisco and the southern beaches are so much more laid back and "local" compared to the northern beaches (Corolla, Duck). Reserving a spot was easy over the phone and they had plenty of availability even though it was less than a week notice. Once we arrived, we checked in at the office and were able to set up our campsite right away. Everyone staying at the campground was really nice and courteous (a neighbor helped us blow up our inflatable chairs for the sound after seeing us struggle to blow them up ourselves!) We reserved site P60 but once arriving we decided to stay in site P59 because it was more shaded which wasn't not a problem because all we had to do was call the office and we switched. We did not use the bathrooms that were closest to us because we heard the bathrooms by the pool were much nicer and they were! They were 3 private shower stalls and when we went to shower there was a little bit of a wait but i guess it just depends on the time you do. This is a great alternative when staying in the OBX . We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank hbrow022
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Was our fourth year in a row staying at Frisco Woods Campground. The owner was very kind and helpful to us as well as his employees in the midst of an impending hurricane evacuation. Sunsets are beautiful every night. I recommend staying in sites C18 - C24. Amazing to stay there for two whole weeks. Newly revamped and climate controlled bathhouse was a treat after three years of it being run down. I would guess that many more improvements are on the way.

Room Tip: waterfront sites have better sunset views
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rowan M
Ellwood City
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Sadly, this is true. Our dog was attacked by another (unleashed) dog while my young daughter was holding our dog's leash. I tried to speak with the owner. He refused to help beyond giving the other dog owner a reminder. He stepped uncomfortably and threateningly close to me. He raised his voice several times saying that he is NOT responsible for keeping his patrons safe, his sign stating that dogs MUST be kept on a leash was only for his protection, and it is "not his job to make me happy." I walked away from gim, and he was yelling after me as i left. I felt so uncomfortable that we checked out a week early. Very strange and scary experience.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Pumpernudle
slf1552, Manager at Frisco Woods Campground, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Owner refunded this guests money (which he was not obligated to do) told them to file a police report and take their pet to the veterinarian in order to start a legal claim against the other pet owner. There was nothing further the owner could do under the circumstances.

Travellers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This was the first time we had been to the OBX. Staying a Frisco Woods was nice. Our site was in very close proximity to the sound. We were able to enjoy the beautiful sunsets without leaving our camping site. The staff was friendly. Due to circumstances Frisco Woods allowed us to pay for just a few nights at a time so don't be miss lead by their Webb site. The one set of bathrooms had been remodeled and were really nice. The other bathrooms were ok but no air conditioner. The bad thing that I really hated was cigarette butts at our campsite. A special thank you to the Hispanic lady who cleaned the bathrooms. She was very friendly and everyday she got them really clean and fresh! The camp ground is in close proximity to several beach accesses, the ferry, Hatteras Island Ocean Center and much more. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank LeeannLikesFood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
#8 of 16 in Hatteras Island
Cape Pines Motel
Cape Pines Motel
#2 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Frisco Woods Campground? Share your experiences!