“Mediocre”

Add it.
MT Fuji
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I've been very spoiled by a popular Sushi-joint in Cary, so I generally steer away from places I haven't heard anything about.

I went on a Tuesday, and was happy to hear about half-off rolls. I ordered several pieces of sashimi, and one Crunch roll. The fish, unfortunately, had that fishy taste/smell that it's not supposed to have. Judging by the cuts of fish, I can assume that the chef hasn't been formally trained (he was very nice, though).

Service was great, and the decor is inviting.

Overall, I may go back some Tuesday when I don't feel like driving to Cary. I wouldn't put my name on a recommendation of the place though.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have been here many times, alone and with family. I have to say that overall, the quality has slipped over hte last 2-3 yrs. My last time, service had improved somewhat. The rice is much more starchy and sticky then it used to be.In the beginning, it was much less globbed together and cheap tasting. THe meats and fish,etc the same. For awhile, service was poor, though the restaurant was often empty or not very full, one had to wait 30+ minutes for take out, even when one called ahead. I often added 10-15 minutes and even then, the food was not ready. Often times, servers would stand around and not do much. A little better the last time. Price is better then, say kanki, but quality and service as suffered.

Reviewed 2 April 2010

For a restaurant named, "Mt. Fuji," one would have high expectations since Mt. Fuji in Japan is a majestic and special place. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the sushi. Let me say, for the record, that my wife is Japanese and I lived in Japan for two years so my standards are higher than the average customer unfamiliar with Japan. Nonetheless, the maki rolls my wife ordered for lunch were sliced super thin and the rice did not stick together so the roll fell apart. It was clear that the "sushi chef" was not properly trained or a stand-in. The taste was acceptable but not special. On the other hand, I ordered the Thai lunch special, which was quite tasty and well prepared. Like many so-called "Japanese" restaurants, the owners were not Japanese (they were likely Thai). I have no problem with offering both Thai and Japanese food but if you are going to call your restaurant "Mt. Fuji," the sushi had better be wonderful.

Reviewed 26 April 2009

I was actually surprised to find good food here. The ownership has changed at least 6 times in the past 5 years, so you never knew what to expect. It has been owned by the same people for a little while now and it is a great place to eat. Their sushi is excellent and the Hibachi cannot be beat for its price. They also serve a few Thai food options. Overall great place for lunch or dinner!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2008

I have eaten here twice this week. It is very clean, food tastes fresh, not pricey at all.... not just "good for Fuquay sushi", it is actually good. Not a ton of choices, but the Rainbow Roll is my favorite anyway, and everyone has that..

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook