“Well satisfied” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Garner
PA
“Well satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a basic hotel that was quite clean, comfortable bed, and quiet. Evening noise was very minimal other than a few car doors opening and closing. Stores and restaurants were nearby.
Bed was quite comfortable. Breakast was okay, no decaf coffee and lots of carbs. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable bed, this is a good place to say. Price is reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina P, General Manager at Econo Lodge South Garner, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
The management and staff at the Econo Lodge are committed to a 110% guest satisfaction, therefor, we are very elated to know that we doing the right thing here at our hotel.
We thank you very much for your kind words an do please come again.
Gina P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Evening noise minimal, mostly heard car doors closing. Hotel looks shady... Poorly maintained grounds, dirty windows and walkways, sticky chairs in the breakfast room, food thermometer sat on outside garbage barrel for two days (strange??). Breakfast food fair... A lot of carbs, cereal, milk. We stayed here using our Choice Privileges points. Would we ever pay cash to stay? NO.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Egreta
Thank you very much for your sincere observations about our hotel. We do strive to ensure a 110% customer service satisfaction, we have taken your observations very seriously and all steps are being taken to improve our overall performance.
sincerely,
Gina P.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Clean, neat, friendly and well woth the money! Not a walking area, but stores are close. Loved the mattress! Felt alot like my temper mattress?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lildrummer
Clinton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Despite some bad reviews, I went ahead and booked this through AARP for about $50- tax and all. We were just traveling through on our way home. The unit was clean, motel was kept up fairly well, breakfast was ok, exercise room was nice after being in the car all day. No issues. Certainly no bed bugs. It's not the greatest, but neither is the price. I would stop here again.

Room Tip: If you want more quiet, choose a second floor room, as footsteps can be heard from above.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

It has been a week since I checked into the Garner Econo Lodge, Sunday, November 7th, for two nights. It was around 5:00 in the afternoon and the lady at the desk was very nice and accommodating. My room was nice and clean; what I would expect from an Econo Lodge price. However, when I woke up the next morning, I had seven tiny raised, red, itchy bumps in a row on one arm and two bites on the other arm. I got ready for work and packed up my things and put them in my car. When I told the guy at the service desk about the bites and showed them to him, he was taken aback. I asked to speak to the manager but she would not be in until 8:00. After getting to work, I called the manager who at first said the room was cleaned and that no one had reported any bugs. She said that they would get an exterminator to check out the room. I had no time to check into another hotel so she gave me another room-which I had no problems with. I immediately started putting hydrocortisone cream on the bumps and am now taking benedryl. This whole situation was unnerving but because of my job, I had no time to worry about it. Just a few words to travelers who stay in hotels, pull the covers back and check thoroughly for bedbugs! These bites are hard to prove as bedbug bites but I feel strongly that those critters got me!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NC140, Manager at Econo Lodge South Garner, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We do take such matters extremely seriously and I can assure you that we have taken swift and drastic measure to ensure that our hotel is bug free. After you contacted the hotel, we immediately notified a professional exterminating service to thoroughly inspect the room for bed bugs. They also imspected other rooms and I am very happy to tell you that we have not found any bed bugs in our hotel.

However, as a result of your concerns, we have provided extra training to our housekeeping staff to prevent any occurance of bed bugs. All of our new hires are thoroughly trained in bed bugs.Furthermore, our managemnt regularly inspects each room to ensure that we provide clean, comfortable and bug free accommodations.

We would love for you to give us opportunity so that you may see first hand the quality and value we provide to our guests.
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2009

I had a business meeting in Raleigh and stayed at this venue. I requested a non smoking room for the overnight stay. When I opened the door to my room there was a strong scent of cigarette smoke. It was horrible. I went to the front desk clerk to indicate they made a mistake and had given me a smoking room. They assured me it was a non smoking room. Due to the scent I requested another room but was told there were no other "non smoking" rooms. The desk manager suggested spraying the room and he did. Quite honestly the spray did not help. What irritated me even more is that I laid my clothes out for the morning meeting and apparently my clothes absorbed the scent and wreaked of cigarette smoke. Days later my outer jacket still has the smell in it. It was totally disgusting.

Additionally my bed felt like I was sleeping on a bed of bricks. I was totally exhausted in the meeting because of the lack of sleep. I wish I had chosen a different hotel.

• Liked — the proximity to the restaurants and my meeting location
  • Disliked — I hated the smell of cigarettes in my room.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Garner hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2007

I stayed here with my mom & son 8/9/07-8/12/07 while visiting family. This hotel is now Econo Lodge. I have stayed here a couple of times over the past 10 years when it was Comfort Inn. Now that it is Econo Lodge the exterior looks nice. The rooms are a bit outdated but it did have a microwave & refrig. There is a small swimming pool it looked clean. I didn't get a chance to use it but there was never anyone in it. Here are the pros and cons:
Pros - 1. Great location (alot of restaurants and
shopping centers nearby) Easy access to US 70 &
I40/440.
2. Price
3. The staff were friendly

Cons - 1. Pillows were very flat
2. We had to ask for extra towels everyday that we
were there. It was 3 of us and they only left a 2
sets. They never had a problem giving us extra
towels.
3. The remote control for the TV was missing the
back cover. Tape was holding the batteries which
made it difficult to turn.
4. The first night we were there the bathtub would
not hold water for me to give my son a bath.
They did fix it the next day.
5. Not much of a continetial breakfast. I brought my
own food and used the micro/fridge in the room.

I would not recommend staying here for a vacation. I probably would stay again for a day or two.

• Liked — Location, Micro/Refrig in room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank VSand88197
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
#51 of 84 in Raleigh
Sleep Inn Garner
Sleep Inn Garner
#8 of 10 in Garner

Been to Econo Lodge South Garner? Share your experiences!