“Comfortable and Great Staff”
Review of Sleep Inn Garner

Sleep Inn Garner
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Garner, North Carolina
“Comfortable and Great Staff”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great rooms and comfortable beds! I live in the area and was having some work done to my house. My son and and I needed a one night stay near by. I was able to secure a room in a short time. The staff was very nice to me and friendly to my 3 year old. Not only was the room clean and smelled nice but it was also safe for my little one. I would recommend the Sleep Inn in Garner to anyone. It was also an added convenience to have a nice breakfast ready when we came downstairs to depart. Erika

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SleepInnofgarner, Manager at Sleep Inn Garner, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am pleased to read that you had a good experience. We are updating our hotel with many upgrade items such as new carpet, furniture and bathroom vanities. Our goal is to have you come back when your need for overnight accommodations arises.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon,

Don Baumeister, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
hayward wi
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Beautiful staff-thanks to you all for making our stay so pleasant! The staff were all such a warm and friendly bunch, clean room, great breakfast! Clean eating area, as well as lobby. Super comfy beds and pillows. We stayed 3 nights. Very convenient location, clean and kept neighborhood and shopping areas. Staff were all super friendly, kind and helpful. Easy check in/out. Really nice variety breakfast, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, sausage, WOW, cereal, yogurts, etc. Very decent rate for 3 nights. Shower was large, modern, new, really nice, we all loved. I think our room # was 230. My only little wish was for a screen on our window, as we had it open partway at night, the fresh air was so nice for sleeping! Nice trees around exterior-I filmed cardinals outside our window in the big tree. Very nice! Great stay here with high schoolers on a college visit with Mom.Nice area. Did I mention how dog gone friendly everyone was??!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
SleepInnofgarner, General Manager at Sleep Inn Garner, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
We sincerely appreciate your time in letting us know about your stay. Thank you for the kind words and sharing your expeience with others. We are working on a solution for our windows and thank you for that comment. We hope to see you again soon.
Trinity NC
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I were in for a conference in April 2013 and stayed from a Monday night until Thursday morning. The place was very busy but the whole staff went out of their way to make us welcome and satisfied. The breakfast was very good and the day we showed up a bit late the server held it for us and even made something specifically for me. The room was clean and modern. This is definitely my choice when in the Garner area : )

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
SleepInnofgarner, General Manager at Sleep Inn Garner, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
It was our pleasure to serve you and your group during your stay. I am very glad to hear that all went well. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have you back with us again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I've stayed at this Sleep Inn numerous times over the past two years and have never had a bad stay. Good check in. Clean, well maintained room. Nice flat screen TV with a decent channel lineup. WiFi is strong and works well. Desk with rolling chair. Lots of easy to access electrical outlets so you don't have to crawl under anything to plug in your chargers. Micro/fridge. Rooms are well lit. AC/heat works well and is quiet. The only Sleep Inn I've seen that has a magnetic door catch on the wall that will hold the door open while you maneuver a luggage cart. Good idea that every hotel should have. Typical Sleep Inn breakfast, nothing extra special but enough to give you a good start to your morning. Convenient to restaurants. Multi story with interior corridors and an elevator. Computer and printer in the lobby and I typically get a fair and reasonable rate here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
SleepInnofgarner, General Manager at Sleep Inn Garner, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your survey for our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and your business. I look forward to seeing you again when staying in the area.
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Well lets start by saying check in staff were pleasant and nice. The room however, I had to get my car dust buster. the toilet seat was broken, and I needed to clean the bath so my family could use it. the Shower still had the shipping labels on it from several months ago, no one ever bothered to remove, or the hair from the last occupant. TV remote would have been nice, or a do not disturb sign, or daily house keeping.

Walked through the lobby several times... staff at desk didn't even look up at me. no a hi not a hello not a nod nothing.

This place could be very nice if someone would just invest a little time, a little thought and a bit of money. the GM really needs to get off his but and do his job. This place is a great place to work if you do not want to work.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
SleepInnofgarner, General Manager at Sleep Inn Garner, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
I do appreciate this guest's comments and express my sincere apologies for not meeting their expectations. We are in the process of updating our hotel with new amenities but evidently put this guest into a room that was not ready.

I know that our staff would have been glad to move this guest to another room had a request been made. We also have extra tv remotes available and a maintenance person on duty that could have replaced a broken toilet seat.

We do make every effort to have these items in place prior to a guest's arrival but evidently this was not the case with this room. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We had to stay here recently on a cold night due to our heat being out at our house! It was the best value off of the exit and that's initially why I chose to stay at the Sleep Inn-but boy, was I glad I did!

The hotel has been renovated recently (I think the front desk clerk told me that they did most of the renovations just this past spring) and you could really tell. It had a clean/modern feel to it and the green accents really made the place pop! "Wowwwie!" my 2 year old exclaimed-although that may be because it's her favorite color!

The room was very clean and smelled fresh, I even felt ok enough for my kids to take off their shoes-and socks! I don't usually let them in hotels because the carpets usually feel/look so...icky. I had no concerns about that with this room though! The bathroom was just as fresh and clean as the rest of the room. The front desk clerk, a young woman, was particularly helpful as she helped carry our things to our room-I was by myself with THREE little ones and she just offered a hand and it was SO nice!
The friendliness of the staff was observed even the next morning as we enjoyed the FULL hot breakfast! Again, as a mom of 3 this was super helpful, even my pickiest eater found enough to fill her belly! There were eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, all sorts of fruits, pastries-and cereal too! Oh, I almost forgot about the waffles, that was especially a fun treat for my oldest as she got to make her own fresh waffle.

The only slight complaint I had about my entire stay is that the juice (particularly the OJ) tasted a bit bitter, or a little bit off.

Honestly, it was a terrific stay and the next time I'm looking for a place for my family to stay while they are in town or I'm looking for a "date night" spot for me and the hubby, you can bet I'll be using the Sleep Inn in Garner!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel are away from the "traffic noise"
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikki C
SleepInnofgarner, General Manager at Sleep Inn Garner, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and strive to meet all guests expectations. I am glad to hear that our staff was helpful and shared with you our remodeling efforts. We had our juice vendor check out the juice machine and all seems fine now. Thank you again for your kind words and sharing your experience with others.
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Don't try to juggle all your luggage at once since you have to open the doors yourself. Other than that, pretty good stay.

There is an elevator so you don't have to haul all that luggage upstairs ....

Paulette had to work with me and Choice Hotels to get my reservation straight but they did fine and I was good to go.

A nice hot shower and a good bed felt good. Internet was sporadic though.

Room Tip: Easier to get out of parking lot going left and around the block to a stop light rather than right a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
SleepInnofgarner, General Manager at Sleep Inn Garner, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We are in the process of updating our hotel and automatic doors are on our list. We have recently updated our complimentary hot breakfast, lobby, business center, and many room amenities. I was made aware of your reservation changes with Choice Privileges and I know Paulette was working closely with you. We do appreciate your feedback and value your business. We hope you will choose us again when you are in the area.