“Terrible experience!”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Garner
Chantilly, VA
“Terrible experience!”
Reviewed 19 May 2005

My friend and I were booked to stay 2 nights in this hotel in March. Upon check in we found the room to be acceptable but extremely noisy. The hotel was booked solid and you could definitely tell since the walls are paper thin. However, when I went to crawl into bed, suddenly the room became unacceptable. My sheets were worn thin to the point of holes in them, my comforter had something that looked like spaghetti sauce on it, and my blanket had what appeared to be dried mucous on it (and burn holes). My friend's bed had equally disgusting problems with it.

I promptly went downstairs and asked for replacement blankets and comforters. I was told they had no blankets and 1 comforter left in the entire hotel. So I took what I could get and my friend and I had to bunk together just so we could escape the food parts. The next day I left around 6 am for a meeting and left my friend at the hotel. When I returned around 2 pm the room hadn't been cleaned (they actually asked us WHY we wanted our room cleaned) and they still couldn't provide any replacements for the dirty blankets and comforters. I promptly asked to check out without a penalty and was given a discount for the trouble.

The clerk on duty was very friendly and was certainly understanding in why I wanted to checkout. I felt bad for the woman cleaning the rooms because I think there was only 1 or 2 woman cleaning the entire hotel. It's understandable that she can't clean the entire hotel by herself but the disgusting state of the room was just simply unacceptable. Unfortunately, I am ruined for life - I will honestly probably never stay in a Sleep Inn again.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank Margaret B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Harrisburg, NC
Reviewed 13 May 2005

Although this is a newer facility (built in 2000), it is already showing signs of neglect. They just don't take care of their hotels in this chain.
Two phones are in the room - one is dead. A clothes hook has been ripped off the wall and a hole is in its place. One pillow was missing a pillowcase, and the other pillowcase had some disgusting stain on it. Thank goodness I had a spare pillow in the car for instances such as this. There are scuffmarks on the wall and smashed dead bugs above the clothes rack shelf.
The room otherwise was passable, and they had a good selection of TV stations (but no high speed internet). Give the place three years at this rate and the hotel will be a dump.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank joe02joe
Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2004

This hotel's best feature is the concert shuttle bus they run for events at Alltel Pavillion. I took my teenager and two of his friends to see The Dead, the Sleep Inn was perfect for our trip. The shuttle was convenient, the hotel is fairly new and well maintained, in an area with a few fast food restaurants, very nice pool and friendly staff.

2 Thank Travelmom29