“Great service, location and staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Garner/Clayton/Raleigh

Super 8 Garner/Clayton/Raleigh
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great service, location and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Very easy to find few short miles off the intersate, small hotel but very accommodating, conveniently located near restaurants and gas stations. Staff was accommodating about check in and out and was always readily available and very friendly. Price very good. I have stayed here twice and will stay again. Very quite and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: King size beds are great very comfortable
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I arrived at 11:45 pm, on Saturday, 8/13/11 and prepaid for 4 nights, $227.00 . I got checked in, and went to my room. The lights took forever to come on, (if they came on at all) there was no TV remote, and hardly any channels that could even be watched - regular cable, but all static-y. No worries, I thought, I will deal with it in the morning......

The next morning, I called the office, and get a remote for the TV, and tell the owner about the issue with the static, she tells me its Normal. OK, fine, I am not there to watch TV anyway..... I left and went out with family.

I return later that evening only to find out that housekeeping hadn't been in the room at all to exchange the towels or empty the trash. (i could care less about the bed being made, I am just going to mess it up again...)

I take my kids to the pool, only to be kicked out 10 minutes later - no one ever told me the pool hours and they were not posted where they were visible from the gate. OK, it was 10:30 pm, and the lady tells me that the pool was supposed to be closed at 10:00 she was just busy at the front desk. - we leave, and we'll come back tomorrow evening. We try it again the next evening, and we get to the pool at 8 pm - the gate is already locked - I marched to the office and spoke the the woman at the front desk, and asked her why - she replies with the pool closes at dusk..... WTH? the lady yesterday said 10PM????

At this point i am beyond furious!!!!! But wait, it gets better!!!! I call the office to ask for a late checkout the following morning, and the woman tells me that they have a courtesy check out till 12 Noon, after that, its an additional $10 / Hr. FINE. I can deal with that I guess.

The next morning, the girls and I head to the pool at 10 am. at 10:45 the lady at the front desk comes out and asks if we are in ROOM 116? Yes, we are - she tells me i need to get checked out because housekeeping is leaving soon. That is MY Problem, Why???
I told her what the other woman said about the courtesy check out and she tells me that is incorrect - check out is before 11 am. anything after that is $20 / hr.

Point of my complaint is - Do Not Stay Here. The management can't agree on what the rules for the guests are, the beds are Horrible - had a back ache for 4 days.... Bugs, lol, let me tell you about the bugs - there were cockroaches in the bathroom light fixture - not one or two - several of them.... shower curtain rod was falling down, toilet flushes like one on an airplane, toilet paper holder was broken......

and the continental breakfast was a JOKE!!! and the coffee is horrible too.

Don't waste your money, its not worth staying here, for any reason.....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lory1315
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Had no problems here. Was quite and clean Had a free breakfast consitiing of the usual motel waffle machine and cereals and etc.
Staff was freindly and polite. I would stay again..

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Minneapolis MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2009

We stayed in a non-smoking handicapped first floor room from April 23-May 7 2009. We found the room very clean, updated and the room service accommodated our schedule with pleasure. The manager, Nick Mehta, his wife, and staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our visit pleasant. We would definitely return for an extended stay!

In addition the motel is close to many restaurants, Food Lion and a small mall.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Southeast USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009

This hotel has very dated rooms but it is clean. Furniture and bedding is extremely dated and shabby. Bath towels were very worn and not bright white but dingy. We needed a hotel that would take our dog and it was only $5 extra per night so we decided our options were limited. Breakfast was juice, coffee, tea, two different kinds of cereal, bagels, muffins, small donuts and some pasteries. Enough to get you started for the morning. The lobby and breakfast room are nice and it is too bad that the rest of the hotel hasn't been updated. It is clean but the sheets and spreads need to be updated. Nice staff but check-in seemed confused about the reservations. Check-in seemed to take forever. Check-out went quickly.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

We booked our hotel as a package deal so we were a little concerned about what we might find. It's very convenient to the highway and we were VERY pleased with the hotel and our room. The room was a good size, and very clean and quiet. The staff were very nice and helpful. The only thing we thought could use improvement is the continental breakfast. We tried it our first morning and ended up going to Waffle House. Everything was stale and the coffee and tea were terrible. We chalked it up to the hotel not being busy so things weren't as fresh. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2007

Although conveniently located, this motel was in a very quiet area. It appeared to be practically new or recently remodeled. The paint inside and out was fresh, as well as the carpet and furnishings. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. I had accidently booked a smoking room, but had no problem having it changed to a non-smoking room upon our arrival. The continental breakfast was very sufficient. I would recommend this motel to anyone. We have stayed at higher priced motels that weren't as nice.

• Liked — the cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)