“Not sure what the bad reviews are about”

WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Gastonia
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Not sure what the bad reviews are about”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I cannot believe I am seeing anything bad about this place at all. I have been here for over a week and have yet to come across any issues at all other than the person upstairs from us is a loud walker, whom apparently bowls and seems to only be awake during the night. Seriously though, even having a loud upstairs neighbor isn't making me rate this anything but excellent. I was expected to only stay a week as we were waiting for our new rental home to be finished. Sadly, coming from NJ down to NC we relied on the owners word that the place was in move in condition. It was not, so here we are still; until we find another permanent residence. That isn't a problem really. We really don't mind. The front desk is extremely helpful and friendly, the room is immaculate, and we feel safe here. We were pleasantly surprised at just how clean and tidy our room was upon arrival. This is a no frills extended stay, meaning you have to purchase the things you want. Which, is how they keep the cost so low. You add things you want for a very reasonable price. Hard wired internet is $10, so i can use my PC which is awesome for me as I have resumes to send and things to print and copy. There is a linen exchange service, then there is also a coffee pot, and dishes, pots, & pans all available to you which you get to keep after your stay is through. We didn't need any of those services but it is a nice option for those who don't have those things available to them during their stay. There is a full sized fridge and freezer, a 2 burner range top, and a large sized microwave in the room set up as a kitchenette with storage space for your dishes, spices, etc. The cleaning service comes bi-weekly and does everything you can imagine when they clean. Cleaning the ceiling lights, vents, air conditioning/heat unit filters, vacuuming, dusting, etc. We have children so we clean our own room constantly, and are able to borrow the vacuum to get up our own crumbs. We were also able to borrow an iron, and ironing board which was great in a pinch since i had an interview to go to, and my shirt and tie were wrinkled. I can go on and on of all the things I like about Value Place-Gastonia. I'm only sorry we didn't come here earlier as we stayed down the street at the Days Inn for a night. (see that review) and had a horrible experience. I'm not sure what the bad reviews are about for Value Place- Gastonia , but i wholeheartedly disagree with the bad ones. I wasn't there for those stays, but I know mine has been nothing but clean, and pleasurable. I have stayed at many hotels since Dec, so I have had lots of ups and down in a short period of time, this one is a big thumbs up. Give it a try.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Adam T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Made reservation for a Sunday arrival. Hotel confirmed arrival on Saturday. Arrived at the expected time & rang extension 500 which is for the manageron call as the desk is officially closed on Sunday. Within 5 minutes the manager arrived asked for our ID & CC. At Value Place everything is optional so we added internet @ 10 & daily towel replacement @ 7. We took the room with 2 full size beds. The total bill was 220 & a 100 refundable security deposit. So far all is as expected. We entered our room. It appeared clean & had a strong scent of cleaner masking a very strong odor which became evident within minutes. It was the worst smell ever. Propably caused by frying. Upon further examination the bed squecked. That night my wife lifted a pillow & saw a dead bug on the sheet. When she attempted to brush it the leg fell off & smushed on the sheet. Psychologically we thought we felt bugs in the sheets & didn't sleep well. Actually the sheets were fine and there were no bugs in the sheets. The next morning while in the shower I noticed an object moving which turned out to be a small spider. I told my wife we were moving. I gave our comments to the desk clerk. Although she read what I'm writing here she made no comment. An apology would have been nice and a refund for the six days we didn't stay would have been better. Certainly a quality hotel chain would have done both. When I returned to our room the smell was so strong & just smelled awful. When your in the room your sense of smell tires of the oder. But when you step back in you really notice how bad it is. What this complaint is is that the room should have not been rented until the order was corrected & the hotel should not have charged me for the unused nights. I should not have had to pay for linean service not used and an apology was in order. At 30 per day its hard to beat. But do keep in mind that other hotels include breakfast, WiFi (this one had Ethernet cords that had to be purchased), daily towels & clean rooms. This was my second VP hotel. I am sorry to say it us my last. I'm back to HI express or Hampton Inn.

de

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank gatorgene
New York, NY
Reviewed 20 August 2013

There has been no Sanitation truck for at least a week. The excuse at the front desk is, "Waste Management is on strike." There are bugs all over the place and they enter rooms through A/C vents. It's disgusting. There should be a "Plan B": When one particular vendor goes on strike, you find someone else to get this mess hauled away. It has become dangerous with vermin, mosquitos, attracted to the trash.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank CathyWins
Tiffany P, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Sorry that your stay here at Value Place was not to your satisfactory.
Here at Value Place we strive to make sure that your stay with us is
pleasant and safe.
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I am here now and have been here for a while. I have spoken to management twice about the people above me with 2 kids and the adults constantly stomping. I just called 500 and they didn't even sound like they were going to do anything (of course they said the would try.....try?) . It has been 10 minutes and the kids are still running shaking the floor and walls. I get to hear this crap every night all the way up to 1 to 2 in the morning. They had the nerve to tell me the same thing they have to the previous people who THEY even said complained, that they would move me. SERIOUSLY!!! I pay my money just like they do EXCEPT I am NOT breaking YOUR rules and they are and you want me to move. REALLY!!!

Not only is the customer breaking the rules value place hands everyone that comes in here but so is management. They are telling them in their LACK of action that it's ok to break the rules.

Friendly does NOT make up for not doing the job you should be doing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank blaqbeuty
Todd O, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
We thank you for your review and your stay. I apologize that another guest was making noise in an excessive manner. We do take the comfort of all our guests very seriously and make every attempt to keep noise issues under control once brought to our attention. I once again appreciate the feedback as it allows us to provide even better service.
Kershaw, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The guest above me is very loud during the day and the night, and now has woken me up for several nights at 5:00 AM. I advised the management staff about this guest, and they told me that they would talk to him, and if it happened again to call 500 to reach on site staff, and that they didn't have a problem evicted noisy guests. I did call the very next morning as I was awoken again. I talked to the management staff later that day and they said I would have to move. I asked why he didn't have to move as he is the disruptive one. They advised me that he didn't have to move "Because he was here first"! Seriously? Is this grade school management? There is also what appears to be a drug addict hanging about the side door digging through the ashtray for cigarette butts on three occasions. I am terminally ill with an RNase L enzyme dysfunction and being told that I have to pack my things and move because of someone else's rude behavior is unacceptable. I have decided to check out when my week expires and go to another hotel. NEVER again will I consider ANY Value Place hotel.

Room Tip: Pick any other hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Todd G
Todd O, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
We thank you for your review and your recent stay. I apologize that a another guest was making noise in an excessive manner. We do take the comfort of all our guests very seriously and will make every attempt to keep noise issues under control. Thank you again for your feedback, we will use this information to improve our overall service at Value Place and we hope you will give us another try in the future.
Lake Waccamaw, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This was our second stay here at this motel, the first time we stayed it was affordable clean and safe to stay at, and the staff is very friendly and nice, we enjoyed our stay here. So we decided to stay here a second time because of that reason, it started off good with no problems about 3 weeks into our stay they put people over us that was very loud and noisey, we let them no but nothing was done, anyway to make a long story short there was a arument in the parking lot about 1:00 am in the morning. That was very scarry, the police had to be called and the same weekend the gas cap on my vehicle got STOLEN!!! (of all things to steal)any way hopefully they will address these problems and go back to being a safe place to stay. We Hope!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank carol w
We thank you for your review and your stay. I apologize that a another guest was making noise in an excessive manner. We do take the comfort of all our guests very seriously and will make every attempt to keep noise issues under control. Thank you again for your feedback, we will use this information to improve our overall service at Value Place and we hope you will give us another try in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The place is extremely CLEAN and well managed. The staff is very FRIENDLY. I highly recommend this property if you need a short/long term place to stay that is VERY affordable. Great location right off the freeway. Only I advice I would give is try to get a room on the opposite side of the freeway if you want to open your windows.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TomrUsa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Comfort Suites
#4 of 15 in Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross

Been to WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!