“Older but clean and comfortable”

Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Orlando, Florida
“Older but clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here because everywhere I normally stay was full. This hotel is older, but is clean and well appointed. I ended up with a Jacuzzi suite which was great. The hotel had a convention there so it was full. Its conveniently located near the highway but without the road noise. It worked out very well for me and I would stay here again. Lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thanks for staying with us Brad G!! We appreciate you coming in and allowing us to to take care of you overnight. We are currently refreshing our Lobby to add a Bistro cooked to order breakfast and dinner. Starbucks will be available as well! Please hurry back and experience our refreshed hotel.

Best regards and safe travels

Charles E. Jones Sr.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Greenwood, IN
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Room was quiet, clean, and furnishings were pleasant and calming. Shower was fantastic. Staff were very friendly and helpful - cheerful greetings in hallways and common areas. Breakfast buffet was fine for a buffet with choice of eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cereal, hot oats, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, beverages...as well as made to order items. Continental breakfast was also available. While it was not complimentary the service was fast and friendly, food well prepared, and very convenient. Front desk staff were very helpful. Amanda greeted us when we arrived and explained the Internet connection...giving us a code without a request. She also called a cab for us ( The gentleman provided exemplary service) when we traveled back to airport. Kudos for making our trip very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us Chom1949. We appreciate your compliments about your experience and the service Amanda provided you. We look forward to taking care of you on your next trip and you will enjoy our new Bistro Lobby with a dinner option. Please hurry back and travel safely doing so.

Best regards

West Virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Nothing special here. Adequate stay and friendly front desk folks. Were working on some sort of construction off the lobby. Quiet enough and slept well. Odd double shower nozzle that really blasted the water out. Ate at Waffle House across the street -- big mistake.and I should have known better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thanks for staying BrownDawg. You missed a great breakfast available at the hotel! We are refreshing our Lobby and changing your future experience that should be completed by year end. We appreciate you complimenting our team that does a great job at our small town Courtyard. We hope to see you next time that you travel through our area. Please travel safe and thanks again!!!

Charles E. Jones
Youngstown Ohio
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was Fantastic! But be aware that there is no complimentary breakfast..not even coffee. Breakfast buffet was $10 each. That is NOT made clear to you when you check in. Lobby undergoing renovation at this time, maybe adding new restaurant?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thanks for staying with us Mainstreetmarshall!! It is our pleasure to accommodate you and we appreciate your understanding through this time that we're revovating our Lobby. I'm sorry you weren't informed of the breakfast we offer but its worth much more than we charge. We will have a new cook to order breakfast option along with dinner and a full bar. Please come back to see us and enjoy some Starbucks coffee on your next stay. I will share your compliments to the team as well. Thanks again and travel safe!

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

The room was nice. Bed clean. Bathroom clean. Everything functioning. Hotel well kept and clean. The staff was friendly. Road noise was too much and air conditioner made noise all night. I may stay at the hotel again but I will definitely ask for a room where I don't hear the highway traffic all night long. My husband and I did not have restful nights. The room was nice and comfortable until the TV was off all should have been quiet then I'd hear the water dripping then running in the air conditioner. Then the sound of the blower and the traffic made it difficult to go to sleep. If you're use to continuous traffic sounds, then your stay will be fine. If you're use to quiet, take some ear plugs. Without the sounds I would have given the hotel 4 stars.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thanks for your review and choice to stay with us R W. We appreciate your willingness to share your experience. I'm sorry we had you at the front of the hotel but we do have another area far from the sounds of traffic. Please also be on standby as we have begun our Lobby Refresh process as well. Thanks again!

Hurry back and travel safe

Regards,
Colorado
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here. My room faced the road & I couldn't hear any traffic. There are a few restaurants in walking distance. The staff was nice. Breakfast was not great (omlete). I slept well & enjoyed my shower with 2 shower heads.....its the little things like that when I travel that make it more comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you beachbreeze66! We appreciate your choice to stay with us and share your experience. I'm glad your room was quiet and gave you a peaceful stay. Please stay tuned because we have broken ground on our Lobby Refresh renovation and we look forward to serving you in our new Bistro offering cooked to order breakfast and a dinner option along with a full bar! Hurry back and travel safe!

Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Enjoyed my stay. Easy access to I-85. Located within 1 mile of numerous restaurants. The hotel was nice. We were there for a wedding. The venue was spacious and nice for the intimate setting. The bed was comfortable; my sisters and I slept well. Our only problem was that the phone next to the bed did not work properly. Since we were there for only 1 night, it wasn't a big deal. We would probably stay here again. The only thing we could have asked for was "free" continental breakfast. We ate at the local IHOP.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for attending the wedding that led you to our hotel. We hope your time in Gastonia was enjoyable and we appreciate your choice to share your experience. We hope to have you again so that you can enjoy our Breakfast options. Please travel safe and hurry back!

Charles Jones Sr.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!