“Inexpensive clean basic motel”
Review of Motel 6 Gastonia

Motel 6 Gastonia
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This motel is a good place to stay for a low price. We paid only $39.99 plus taxes for a clean , quiet room with a microwave and fridge...even had free wifi. It is not fair to complain about the lack of extras when you are staying at a budget motel...If you want a hot breakfast you can eat in a restaurant with some of the money you saved and keep the rest. We will stay here again...met out needs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Betty R

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was my first and last stay with motel 6 my husband and I came home after a lovely weekend in Pigeon Forge decided to to see family and surprise them by being in the area believe me the surprise was all on us .this visit was July 6 to mondat morning the 8th .The lady Shuana was very sweet and got us our room .the room was clean and neat not enough towels for 2 people we were tired so we made do pets were welcome with open arms and treated well ,the only coffee pot was at the front desk and was served morning only a frigerator was in the room that was all ..The third shift came on there was people hanging in the lobby as I was going to my car to pick some clothes up out of it a drug deal was going down in the parking lot so I ran back in locking my car thinking this was just something that happen that night heard doors slamming all nite .Sunday night was even worsr there was the smell of pot coming from second floor cars driving thru the parking lot meeting people selling them drugs so the girl on thirsd shift ask the black guy when she was going to get her part of the money ,believe me I hurried to check out as I was looking for this motel to get busted any minute .This is no place for a family or even a business person passing thru its terrible ..I advise spend a little more money and go on down to exit 20 off 85b instead of exit 17 off 85 pass it up .The second nite I ask for towels the girl on second shift said housekeeping did not leave any ..So sad its a pretty place.Plus they don't lock the door at 11pm like they say they do because the drug dealers are in and out all nite .

Room Tip: If you are looking for rest and sleep don't stop at this one exit 17 off 85 too much drug dealin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Shirley P
Reviewed 22 June 2013

On a recent trip from Maryland to Florida and back we stayed in 5 different Motel 6s and this was by far the best one we stayed in. The room was roomy and clean, although a small frig and microwave would be nice. This was our 2nd night during our trip. After our 1st night in wytheville we were worried that all Motel 6s looked the same. We were glad to find out that they are not same. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Well worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lisa070161
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Room was clean and adequate for good price. No shampoo/conditioner/hair dryer but did have microwave and fridge. Nice appearance to building. Quiet rooms. Mattress decent. Good for just needing a decent place to sleep. No extras like pool, fitness center, etc.

Room Tip: stayed in 2 different rooms, all about the same.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianna A
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Last week was my 2nd stay at this Motel 6. A friend & I meet in Gastonia every winter to shop for quilting supplies. When I made the reservation several weeks in advance, I requested early check-in at noon, so we could make the most of our time, as we both drive over 3 hours to get there. When I arrived at noon, I was told no rooms were available, although I could see 2 housekeepers & cart in the hallway. I asked when one would be ready, & was told to come back after 3 pm. This was on a Wednesday & only 4 cars were in the parking lot - 1 was mine & another, my friend's. This man was surly & made no attempt to be helpful or accommodating. When we came back later, the young lady on the desk was very gracious & friendly. The room was clean & comfortable. As we were denied early check-in last year as well, this will be our last stay here, as many hotels are more than pleased to let you in early if you request ahead of time.

Room Tip: The location is somewhat isolated but near 2 other hotels. The interstate is nearby but local roads...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank GAquiltR
Reviewed 4 February 2013

No complaints here. Got the room for under $40 total and had a clean room with a mini-fridge and tv that worked fine. Best Motel 6 I have stayed in so far (no cigarette burns on the sheets was nice). Also, check-in and check-out was Would definitely stay again.

p.s. I find it funny when people stay at a Motel 6 or any other motel that is the cheapest and then complains that it does not have every little thing they can imagine. If you want more than what Motel 6 has to offer then you can pay for a more expensive hotel. For $40 bucks you expect a hot breakfast and shampoo/conditioner/lotion/mints/cookies, maybe even a "happy ending"?

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank StonewallBrigade
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have stayed in Motel 6 rooms throughout the country, and this was by far, the worst experience I have had. Maybe it was because I had used one of the Hotel/Motel Guide coupons for which I got the room for $36.99 plus taxes? There were no services provided by the motel except for morning coffee. This room was a "bare bones" room, and I would not recommend staying at this location. The room had a bed, microfridge, and TV. What it did not have were the basics that one would expect any room to have (clock/radio, coffee maker, hairdryer, shampoo, tissues, and channel guide for the TV). The old TV was on top of the wardrobe closet, and the fridge was right up against one side of the bed. The bed itself was low and hard even though the pillows weren't too bad. The only "restaurant" nearby was a Hardees, and I suppose there was no breakfast available because of the Dunkin Donuts a long block away. I am not a traveler who needs to be pampered while on a road trip, but this was one experience I would have liked to "do over."

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo