“Never Again --- Yuck!”

AmberJack Seafood & Steaks
Ranked #15 of 241 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I will NEVER go back! I ordered from the "Specials" board, thinking it would be a safe bet. I was sadly mistaken. The grilled halibut was tough, dry, and flavorless. The green salad consisted of ice berg lettuce, several strips of green pepper, a pile of onions, and small (minuscule) quantities of red cabbage. The mixed vegetables were a pitiful pile of pale, faded, over-cooked mush.

I love seafood as a healthy food choice but don't think my meal was healthy ... I don't think it even qualifies as food and it is certainly NOT nutritious. I've had better sea food at Denny's and it was far less than $20.

The service was quick, pleasant, and efficient.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This place is wonderful, never had anything here but seafood, but they have a wide variety of dishes,steaks, salads etc...
Food is always great, steaming hot, when you get it, that way you know it isn't precooked. I always enjoy eating here, great service also!

1  Thank Fefe8187
Reviewed 12 July 2013

A friend and I selected AmberJack based on Trip Advisor but frankly were a little concerned that Panera Bread was rated the best restaurant in town. In any event I chose filet mignon with fried shrimp for my main while my friend had the broiled halibut. My steak was a bit overcooked and the texture and taste was a little below par. The shrimp were good as was the fried calamari appetizer. My friend thought the halibut was excellent and we both enjoyed the hush puppies. Service was warm and friendly and the ambience was pleasant. The restaurant is enormous with four or five separate dining areas and is a great place for large groups. We were there on a Wednesday night and I suspect it's even busier during the weekend. I guess the lesson is to stick to the fish at a fish house.

1  Thank michaelcats4
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I've had the pleasure of eating at AmberJacks a few times and everything I've tried is great. We recently went there for the all you can eat crab legs and they were delicious. Great food and great service!

1  Thank ppendleton
Reviewed 3 May 2013

God has blessed us with the opportunity to travel extensively across all fifty of our wonderful United States. Also, we have been privileged to travel overseas. We have eaten at some very impressive restaurants along our travels. We just finished a seafood meal today that ranks at the top of the list in food presentation, preparation, and flavor. Amber Jack's owners, Melody and Jimmy, strive to maintain grade A fresh food items and offer them to everyone at a very economical price. This was our first visit. Sometimes, there is something about a restaurant that may need improving. From the first class atmosphere, to the courteous servers, to the quality service and food, this place has it all! Try it for yourself. We drove 1.5 hours to give it a try. It is now our favorite place to dine!

2  Thank Craig L