“Meh”

AmberJack Seafood & Steaks
Ranked #13 of 241 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Went for a Friday nite dinner with my husband sans kids. Didn't want to get there right in the middle of rush hour, so we waited until about 7:15. Got seated right away, in a booth upon request, but took a few minuted to be greeted by our waitress. Drinks came out quick along with obligatory (frozen?) hush puppies and awesome (Red Lobster-like) biscuits. Ordered the special -Grouper, husband got fried shrimp. Waitress came back----out of Grouper, so I order prime rib PINK. (Whatever they called pink there. Specifically told them not brown in middle , PINK). Got brown in the middle prime rib swimming in au jus.. So I had my salad from the salad bar, au gratin potato (special side that nite) and wine for dinner. Was excited to go here. Amazing menu, but not excited to go back. Disappointed. OH, and I have NEVER been to a place where you had to tell the cashier what you are tipping so she can put it in the computer...weird.

1  Thank V W

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My gf and I were out and about seeking a new dining experience and happened across AmberJack Seafood here in Gastonia NC. We were seated immediately in a clean and friendly environment. The Menu is good and diverse and the staff was courteous and efficient.

OUr food arrived and I have to say it was cooked to perfection. The batter was delicious and fried to a nice golden brown, not at all greasy.

An excellent dining experience.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

This is one of our favorites for seafood, usually very good service. Seemed a little short handed tonight though. Definitely will go back, seafood always good! Love this place!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The food was classic fish camp fare done well. (We had Tilapia and shrimp.) The waitress was congenial, but seemed to have an inordinate number of tables, meaning that her appearances were rare and fleeting. The food was good, and I imagine another visit might earn a better rating.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I will NEVER go back! I ordered from the "Specials" board, thinking it would be a safe bet. I was sadly mistaken. The grilled halibut was tough, dry, and flavorless. The green salad consisted of ice berg lettuce, several strips of green pepper, a pile of onions, and small (minuscule) quantities of red cabbage. The mixed vegetables were a pitiful pile of pale, faded, over-cooked mush.

I love seafood as a healthy food choice but don't think my meal was healthy ... I don't think it even qualifies as food and it is certainly NOT nutritious. I've had better sea food at Denny's and it was far less than $20.

The service was quick, pleasant, and efficient.