“Fun with Regional Fare”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Chef Jack always does a fantastic job of offering different regional specials. I rarely order the same dish twice at any restaurant so it's nice to have the many variations he offers. I will say that I almost always will enjoy a cup of his She Crab soup, best outside of Charleston in my book.

There are newer reviews for The Round Bistro

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Recently I went out with a Girls Night Out group of 9. The place was very busy for a Friday night, but they accommodated our large group really well. Food was delicious and served in a timely manner. All positive comments from our group. It was reasonably priced and an 18% gratuity was added for the large number of people. I would recommend this restaurant highly!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Visited the round bistro based on other trip advisor reviews. I was not disappointed. I visited on a Sunday and had the buffet. The food was wonderful. I had French toast with mango spread. My husband had fried chicken turkey and gravy with green beans, mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. All of the food was delicious. For all of you mac and cheese experts it was real macaroni "pie" homestyle baked. They also had made to order omelets. I only wished they would have had an egg white omelet option. Service was great. The restaurant was not crowded. I did not eat a salad from the salad bar however they did not had the romaine mix or spring lettuce mix for a base. It looked like an iceberg lettuce pre-mix. I wasn't impressed with the salad bar. However I was impressed with everything I did eat and taste. I am interested in visiting again and trying a dish from the menu.
I will definitely visit again if not on this trip. On my next trip to Charlotte/Gastonia.

1  Thank R W
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Visiting the area for one night on business...recommended by hotel staff. Unfortunately for someone who worked a long day, I was not prepared for a "ladies night/cancer awareness/benefit". All good things... But the 1/2 price wine seemed to throw kitchen and waitstaff into chaos mode. I can definitely see how this restaurant could rate high for all things... Food, service, etc. on a normal night... But my mahi was dry, asparagus sad, and salad arrived after the main course. Oh well! Better luck next time!

1  Thank Freddie088
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had dinner at the round bistro last night. Although I'd say it was a little expensive for gastonia (more like Charlotte prices) the food was very good. I had the filet, with mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables, and my husband had the chicken parm. Both were very good, and came with small salads. It wasn't very busy though as we left it got busier.

1  Thank lynnecharl0tte