“taquila 2 is a winner”

Tequilas Mexican Grill and Taqueria
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A family restaurant serving Tex-Mex, Mexican and Southwestern food. Some original dishes. Voted Best Mexican Restaurant in Gaston County by Gaston Gazette readers.
Detroit, Michigan
“taquila 2 is a winner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Bi-Lo location . We went for lunch . Good food, cheap prices. very authentic . The waiter hardly spoke English , but got the order right and checked on us just enough.

• Visited December 2013
Francisco M, Owner at Tequilas Mexican Grill and Taqueria, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you very much!!

“Great Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Great Mexican food in the heart of old town. My wife and I got a big combo of food for under $20 and it was more than enough for us, and I can really put it down. The chile rellenos and guacamole are really solid. This is our favorite Mexican restaurant in the area.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Logan C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NOT BAD AT ALL!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We've heard so much about this place since we moved here from friends and neighbors that we decided to try it. It's kind of off the beaten path (Franklin Square and what not) and you start to wonder when pull into Downtown whether you should have stayed on the beaten path. But the Al Pastor tacos are to die for, my wife had a Pechuga Rellena (chicken breast with cheese, spinach, mushrooms and a really tasty chipotle salsa) the kids ate all their food(always a good sign) The service was great, the server knew the answer to all the questions. The beer was cold and the margaritas were amazing. We will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ronyalexander
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Fajitas, fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We ordered and received our meals promptly. Each of us did something different from the menu, either no beans, no shells or something. All four dishes were served as ordered and everything was good, a combo, steak fajitas, chicken fajitas and a shrimp taco. Enjoyed the food, will return.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank cindeeandjim
Reston, Virginia USA
“Super non-chain, authenic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I love eating at unique (non-chain) restaurants. Nothing wrong with a chain, but you pretty much know what you'll get, so why not shoot for the moon with a one-off, unpolished gem? I think we made it into orbit with this Mexican restaurant. Not fancy, just tasty. Good salsa, superb chilis rellenos, and good enchiladas. I was debating between a couple entrees and asked the server for his recommendation. Hint: ALWAYS DO THIS! I ended up with the chili relleno, and am not a particular fan of this dish at most places, but Tequila's was out of the world yummy. I heartily recommend patronizing individuality and excellence when you find it, and find it I did at Tequila's in Gastonia. Now I just have to figure out a reason to get back there soon.

• Visited June 2013