“Burger”

Kyle Fletcher's BBQ & Catering
Ranked #4 of 245 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Fletcher ' s had the the hamburgers , hot dogs, hamburger steak in Gaston County. Family friendly, prices are great! Staff is very frieendly. This is a small place but you never have to wait long. The wait is worst the wait. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

When I moved to NC, I was not aware of what NC's BBQ style was... where I am from its bbq sauce on grilled chicken! This place has gave me a whole new outlook on BBQ! I LOVE PULLED PORK! lol! Must try!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great bar b que! Prepared the real way we do it in the south. Plain and simple ding but know what is real bar b que, you know this is how it is served. Worth it!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Kyle Fletchers. The BBQ is actually pretty good, but definitely not the best in town, and definitely not worth standing up waiting for. The place isn't any bigger than your grandma's kitchen and they have crammed as many tables and chairs as they can fit into the place - fine if you feel a need to reach into your neighbor's plate. If you order to go, they let you stand there until you about drop waiting for your order. It was much worse before NC enacted a smoking ban in public places. Back then, you really could just follow the smoke, and not the appetizing kind. This place has some potential. Maybe they are selling all the BBQ they want to sell, but if they actually moved into a building where people could sit down and have a comfortable meal they would quadruple their profits. Go figure. And don't we just wonder about the cash only policy.....hmmmmm?

3  Thank Brown_Eyes1121
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have eaten BBQ in many places while traveling the Southeast US. In my opinion Kyle Fletcher makes the best. Before trying his BBQ, my favorite had been from the Lexington, NC area. Kyle changes my choice. His BBQ has plenty of flavor on it's own without the need for sauce. Adding Kyle's sauce or a commercial version such as George's Original adds to the smoked pork flavor.. His BBQ is not filled with the pieces of fat you find in many places.

His restaurant is small and is a "cash only" establishment. I bring home a pound of pulled pork and a pint of BBQ slaw. For less than $12 this is two meals for me and my wife. (and we really like BBQ)

If you are planning on visiting I would suggest an off lunch/dinner time. The small facility and limited parking space can be a challenge. It is worth the effort.