“Great Sushi and very convenient to the Movies.”

Sakura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 239 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Our friends have been telling us about this place for a while. We decided to try it out before going to the movies. Their Sushi is excellent. I got one of the combos and the waiter was very attentive. He brought out a varied selection of sauces. Really liked their Eel Sauce. We'll definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

service good, food good. nice place. we will try them again. we have been in a few times, its always good and the place is always clean and neat.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Service was good and so was the fresh sushi. The meal was reasonably priced as well. The atmosphere is OK.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

The sushi was so so, but not very good. We had to wait almost an HOUR to get our food, and there were not many people in there. When we asked the server if it was almost ready, she said it would be ready in a minute. Then she kept saying that every time she came back through. Then she said there was a big group in front of us. I think she was just making up stuff off the top of her head. They did not offer to comp our meal or even part of it. She just kept saying, " I hope it was so delicious, it made you forget how long it took." LOL - NOT!

Oh and it was super expensive --- my husband and I got 2 rolls each, and he got a soda, and the bill was close to $30. RIP OFF.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

OK, I admit I didnt believe ther reviews on Tripadvisor ....how could there be a quality sushi restaurant in Gastonia, NC??

Well, it was a very good meal and the quality of the sushi as well as the presentation was outstanding. If they have a Phoenix roll as a special then go for it ....it was really good. The Alaska roll and the salmon sashimi were over the top also,

I will definitely go back.