“Always seems closed”

Panera Bread
Ranked #71 of 239 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I love Panera Bread, but every time we've tried to stop in lately, it's been closed. Not sure what's going on but if I can catch them open, I'll eat there for sure. The bagels are some of the best around! Absolutely incredible!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Panera is a usual stop, they have wonderful breakfast and great sandwiches. Love the bakery, the staff is always kind and fast!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I know a lot of people come here for breakfast and lunch and enjoy it. I mainly come for dinner with my family (husband and 3 kids age 5, 3, and 8 months). I love eating there because my daughter has a dairy allergy and I do not eat any dairy. The staff is great at altering menu items such as breads to accommodate our needs and the food is great. My husband LOVES their French onion soup. The only other place he enjoys French onion soup is the Beef and Bottle in Charlotte. The other part I love about this location is the drive through! When you are running late and do not have a meal ready its nice to be able to run through the drive through and have a healthy meal instead of fast food. I've gone there with just the kids and I and had our food brought to the table. Once my sandwich came out with a cheese bread and they not only made a new one right away but gave the incorrect one to my husband to eat since he could have dairy! Great service!!!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Usually, this is the place where I eat breakfast with my oldest daughter on a weekend morning. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Like many other customers in the area, I consider myself to be a regular to this particular Panera Bread in Gastonia, NC.

The food items for breakfast are unique, but simple. As part of my diet plan, I like having the calorie count on the board next to items. That provides me with an informed choice of menu items. The "breakfast power sandwich" is: "All-natural egg — freshly cracked every morning — a thick slice of Vermont white cheddar and smoked, lean ham all grilled on freshly baked Whole Grain bread." This is a simple fair that I use a little bit of mayo and ketchup to dress. It's not a huge sandwich - and that's OK.

The bagels are good and the family prefers the 'everything bagel', the chocolate chip bagel and the just plain bagel. For coffee, I would recommend the hazelnut roast blend. This is a treat to my weekend morning.

The place is clean. The staff is super friendly. The food is good. I've been going for several years now, and just like other reviews - everything is consistent. There has been no downward trends. 5 stars across the board for this experience.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

The Panera Bread in Gastonia has consistent quality that is expected from a Panera Bread. It is nice to know that the restaurant is going to meet your expectations.