“Food was good, service was slow...”
Review of O'Charley's

O'Charley's
Ranked #31 of 238 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 January 2014

First time to check it out, went on a Sunday about 1 PM just after the lunch rush.
We had the shrimp and grits and a fancy chicken salad. Bother were pretty good.
Service was slow, painful at times, if it was better we would have been tempted to give 4 stars for the good food. Place was a little run down but all in all not too bad.

There are newer reviews for O'Charley's

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were tired and looking for something quick. This proved to be a good choice. The menu is varied and we found the food to be be quite good. Our waiter was energetic and very friendly. The bar trade does appear to be an important part of their business, but it was very cold on the night we were there and the bar was not crowded and thus, not noisy.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

For a restaurant of this size and having been newly remodeled, I expected at least a decent meal. What our family got was terrible service, dirty silverware and food that tasted like it had been sapped of all flavor and reheated in the microwave.

The booths killed my back. They were so low and far back it was like being a little kid sitting at the grown-ups table.

We waited over ten minutes for someone to take our drink order. That only happened after flagging down three people. Then we had to wait another really long time to a) get our drinks and b) place an order for food. The manager pretended to care, but never did anything to make it better. The server just plain did not care.

The food also took a very long time to come out. Once we got it, we wished they would have kept it in the kitchen. It was disgusting. I couldn't bring myself to eat more than a few bites.

Another irritating bit. They actually brought out our meals before we ever got the appetizers.

Again, the staff didn't care whether we liked it or not. There was no effort to make the experience better. We paid our bill, left and went someplace else to eat.

There are plenty of really good, comparably priced restaurants less than five minutes down the road. Skip this nasty place and go somewhere that actually cares about its customers.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My family and I eat at O'charley s 1 or 2 times weekly. We have always had a pleasant experience. However, on July 9 2013, my party was waiting on our favorite server, as we often do, when a manager (Elaine Tucker) came up to the hostess and proceeded to chew her out for not having us seated yet. Our server had literally just walked in. It was our choice not to be seated yet. Tucker talked so hatefully to the hostess, who by the way was doing an excellent job, that it even made me and my party uncomfortable. Tucker embarrassed the hostess in front of several customers when she hadn't done anything wrong. Tucker acted unprofessional and disrespectful to her subordinates. Tucker may need to take a class on when, where, and especially how, to speak to her employees. Thanks for reading. Costner62@gmail.com

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I went here for a date night a few months ago. When seated, we noticed that the dishes were dirty. We requested new dishes, but after seeing it, we decided to go somewhere else.

Yesterday we went back for my husband's birthday. We were seated and again, we had dirty dishes. We requested new ones and the waiter brought a plate back and looked at and said, "Here's a new, clean one for you" and it was filthier than the first dish he took away!

Don't get me wrong, we love O'Charley's and I understand that having ONE dirty dish is going to happen every once in a while. But for it to happen TWICE and then we get "new" plates and they are also dirty? That's just ridiculous and utterly disgusting.

Let's just say that it's no wonder their rating is a little above a 96. We won't be eating at this location ever again.

1  Thank kerriqueen