“Worth going out of your way to stay here!”
Review of Burke Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gibsonville
Burke Manor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Gibsonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Unless you are parents of an Elon University student, you would probably not pick Gibsonville, NC as a vacation / weekend get-a-way destination. The Burke Manor Inn is a gem! The staff is wonderful. Our room was comfortable and the food, was outstanding. We ate dinner on the night of our arrival, lunch a few days later and breakfast every morning. Each was meal was great!

Room Tip: Elon Parents' book way head as this is a very popular spot only 3 miles from campus.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Skip F

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My wife and I were looking for a charming B&B on our drive to Charlotte - normally we drive straight through but decided to treat ourselves to a night at the Burke Manor Inn. I peeked at Tripadvisor but immediately went to the Burke Manor Inn website. Please note - the current owners are re-doing the website which is a little dark and has outdated photos, etc. The website doesn't do the Burke Manor Inn justice!!! The inn is absolutely gorgeous! It is nestled in a lovely setting - green garden, an abundance of trees, azaleas, and much more. So peaceful and relaxing. The receptionist was so friendly and helpful. Our room was 202 and while on the small size (as one would expect in an older home) it was well-appointed and very comfortable. The bathroom featured high end tolietries and both the bathroom and room were exceptionally clean. After our arrival we toured the grounds and facilities and they were setting up for a wedding on the weekend. The young lady inside the large tented area was very friendly and told us about the venue (by the way - a lovely spot for a wedding!!!). Before dining at the Saint Jacques @ The Burke Manor Inn we enjoyed a glass of wine on the porch in the late afternoon sun. Just delightful. You'll read other reviews that mention the trains. Yes, there is a train track on the street in front of the inn. There were two SHORT Amtrak passenger trains (about 5 cars or less) in the late afternoon. There was a longer freight train before 9 pm. The hotel offers ear plugs if needed. The next train I noticed was at 6 a.m. These brief encounters certainly did not detract from our visit. I would highly recommend the Burke Manor Inn!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snovak52
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The service and hospitality are top notch, as well as the delicious breakfasts. Very personal and warm staff - even remembered details of my previous stay from many months ago. And, the Inn is a very comfortable and relaxing place to spend time. Recommend to all!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We had our daughter's wedding on March 23, 2013 at the Burke Manor Inn and everyone had a wonderful time. It was more of a weekend event as our family is from out-of-town. The bride's side of the family used all the rooms at the Inn and the cottage in the rear was a fun place for the bride and her bridesmaids to spend the night before the wedding and have a quaint party. The Inn uses a quiet, beautiful old church for the ceremony (you can use the Inn's garden, but my daughter wanted a church wedding) and then the Inn has a large pavilion for the reception. Our family arrived Friday and the staff was always helpful. Wendy, a staff member, and Lori, the inn keeper were always there when I, mother of the bride, needed something or when an error was made by a vendor and needed to be taken care of. We also had our rehearsal dinner at the Inn restaurant, Saint Jacque's, and it was much enjoyed by everyone.
I first meet with Lori in July before the wedding. She was very prompt with answering my questions and letting me know estimates. We used email for our correspondence. She was easy to work with and she is a very calm person and always wanted to do and help with anything we wanted.
My family had a great time being together at the inn. The parlor was a relaxing room where family would hang out and being together for the delicious breakfasts was so much fun as well. The wedding was the icing on the cake and having done all the work before the weekend, and having Lori and her staff to take care of everything during the weekend was a blessing. I would recommend this venue as a fantastic options for a family event.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank edwardb689
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We have stayed here three times and will stay here again whenever we are in the area. The room size was very nice and everything in the room, to include the bathroom and shower were very clean. I have no suggestions to make this a better B&B. My experience here was excellent.

Room Tip: Select a room with a multiple jet shower.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John A
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I was here just last weekend on a visit in March to Elon College with my daughter. The inn itself is lovely as was our room which was in the back on the second floor; the bathroom was nicely appointed as well. We did not have a chance to try out dinner but the breakfast the next morning, french toast, bacon, and oatmeal, was nicely presented and prepared. We arrived back to our room at 9:30 PM and no one was at the desk or available from management. Our room was 80 degrees and uncomfortable. At 2 AM, I awoke to find the thermostat at 87 degrees heat in the room even though I set it for 70. The heat just kept running. Needless, to say, not a good night's sleep and very uncomfortable. I finally put the A/C on early in the morning as the situation was unbearable. I did mention this at the front desk in the morning and was told that the heat was just fixed the prior day but they would get someone back out to look at the problem (I was leaving that morning). There was no offer to compensate me for the situation. After paying the full bill for the one night stay at the inn ($155), we proceeded to check out and also were not offered any assistance with taking our heavy suitcases down the stairs from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
mahalee, Owner at Burke Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you for your comments. At check in we do review the Manager on Duty's personal phone number in case there are any issues after hours (9:30p-7am) when the assistant Innkeeper or Innkeeper is not on the floor. The check in sheet is given to guests, so we're not sure why the MOD was not called in the middle of the night when this problem occurred. In addition, the office door (which is closed after hours) advises guests with any issues to please call the Manager on Duty at the below listed phone number. The Heating Company had just replaced the thermostat that day in the room and had conducted our quarterly maintenance, so we're not sure why the heat was staying on, but did contact them about this. We would have been happy to have moved you to another room. There was a notation in the log book that the front desk staff at check in on Friday assisted with the heavy luggage to your room, and of course we would have been happy to assist with it in the morning. The Assistant Innkeeper was taking care of breakfast in the morning and was unaware there had been an issue with the heat or your need for assistance with luggage when checking out, had she been alerted, we would have taken action. As our staff is very versatile they are responsible for not only the front desk, but breakfast, housekeeping and guests needs. We pride ourselves on our customer service skills and our server souls and given the opportunity always try to exceed expectations. I'm sorry to hear this did not occur. Please feel free to contact us directly at the Inn if you wish to discuss further.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Went down to visit my daughter at Elon. This place is amazing. The room was more than satisfactory, the staff very pleasant, and the breakfasts amazing.

Most helpful is the French restaurant on premises. No need to get dressed and drive somewhere. The meal was excellent and quite reasonable priced for what we got. After a long 8 hour drive, it was great to check in, take a tub bath, then walk downstairs to dinner and be in bed by 9. The TV was fine for our needs, although we read mostly.

The prices are comparable to other B&B's, which we visit regularly. We'll be staying here in the future without a doubt. Laurie, the owner, even helped up print our flight boarding passes, which saved us time at the airport. Very accommodating in every way.

You won't be disappointed if you stay at the Burke Manor. If you are, then I think you may be highly critical in other phases of your life as well. Life is too short. Enjoy this B&B for a great escape.

Email with questions. We stayed in 201, by the way.

Room Tip: Room 201 was more than adequate.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoachrobMD

Been to Burke Manor Inn? Share your experiences!