“Really?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glade Valley
Glade Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Glade Valley B&B and Inns
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Really?”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Ok. So I have never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in my life (46 yrs). This place had raving reviews so I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and give it a try. The room was $190.00 for one night but looked nice and had a very nice sized jacuzzi in the bathroom. I thought when we first arrived that maybe i would actually enjoy my 1st experience at a B&B but it didn't take long for those feelings to diminish. I honestly just did not feel comfortable. Do you sit in your room? Do you come out and socialize? I had no idea how to feel or what to do. I made it a point to come out into the kitchen / living room area a few times so I wouldn't seem unsociable. There were 2 other couple staying there also. I never even saw 1 couple and my boyfriend and I spoke to the other couple for about 20 mins before they retired for the evening. We finally just went to our room to enjoy the fireplace and a relaxing jacuzzi bath. Well, that DID NOT happen. There was NO hot water to even fill the jacuzzi tub. The woman who owned the property did give my boyfriend a plastic bucket so he could walk back and forth to another bathroom and fill the bucket with hot water and dump it into our tub. WOW! After seeing him make about 10 trips (back and forth) and the water temperature in the tub was not heating up, I asked him to stop. I was not very happy and I thought this was ridiculous. I know for a fact that there were at least 3 other rooms unoccupied in the house but the owners never even asked if we would like to move to another room or apologize for the hot water problem. I was very disappointed so I definitely was not in the mood to get up at 8:30am to eat the breakfast the inn provided. My boyfriend did bring me a plate back to the room but the food was cold so I din't enjoy it much. I guess the good thing is we did have hot water to take a shower before we left. The owners were getting ready to go to Church at the same time we were heading out to leave the next morning. They were both standing in the kitchen and didn't hardly look our way when we were going out the front door. No, so how did you enjoy your stay? No sorry about the hot water incident. NOTHING! This topped it off for me. I can honestly say that I have never taken the time to write a review about so many of my other trips to many different places that I have visited but I did not want anyone to be fooled about the "so called" wonderful hospitality that I read about in all the other reviews before I visited this B&B. I don't think I will ever go to another one. This was NOT a good experience for us at all. Most definitely not worth the money!

Room Tip: Well, I thought I had chosen the nicest (most expensive) room at the Inn so I would say if you are t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jpstarke67
innkeeper_jim, Owner at Glade Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
We are very sorry that a guest did not have a wonderful experience at our B&B. Over the past nearly 8 years there have been a very small number (perhaps 3 or 4) that expressed displeasure with their stay with us. There really is nothing that can be said about feeling personally uncomfortable. This guest requested an early check-in of 1:00 rather then the standard 3:30, which was granted. The experience did not appear to us to be uncomfortable since they never left the house. They did spend time warming up a pizza they had brought in the kitchen area. As far as the hot water situation; the gentleman did come out and said the water was not hot. We checked it and agreed. We checked the operation of the system and did not find a problem. The assumption was that some how 50 gallons of hot water was used by this guest and the tank just needed a few minutes to recover. Checking the supply in 20 minutes proved that the water was indeed hot by that time. We have 4 hot water tanks in our home and no other occupied guest room was on this same tank. We would have addressed her concerns about the water and her overall experience if she had come out for coffee or her breakfast. The lack of conversation when the guest was leaving was due to the fact that it was well past our regular check-out time and we were ourselves leaving for our Sunday Church service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Our stay at Glade Valley B&B was wonderful in every way. Margaret was busy in her kitchen that evening, canning jelly, making cinnamon rolls, baking cookies, and was very comfortable having guests hanging out chatting with her while she worked. The great room accommodated several people very comfortably, and there were books and games for the guests to enjoy. The surrounding area is beautiful, including the tree-lined drive leading to the Inn. Breakfast the next morning was a banquet of eggs, ham, sausage, cheese grits, hash brown potatoes, cinnamon rolls and biscuits, gravy, jam and baked apples, with a heartfelt blessing given by Jim. We stayed in the Yosemite room, complete with a fireplace, and a jetted tub w/ separate shower in the bath. Everything is immaculately clean, and excellent in every way!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah E
uk
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We chose this B&B because of it's proximity to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We are so pleased that we did. Our room (Shenandoah) was lovely and absolutely spotless. However, our praise is heaped upon the hosts Jim and Margaret, and the amazing breakfast. If we are ever in this part of the US again we would be certain to return.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scully1888
Nassau, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was our second time at the Glade Valley B&B. We first stayed back in June '13 based on reviews and visiting the website. We recently returned last week. Can't say enough about the beautiful setting and home. It is very clean and comfortable. Jim and Margaret are fantastic hosts that make you feel very comfortable in their amazing log home. The rooms are perfectly decorated with great attention to detail throughout the rooms. The breakfast is fantastic and there is plenty of variety. So far I have stayed in the Yosemite and Shenandoah rooms as well as the Cabin, which is not part of the main house. All 3 were fantastic and as I mentioned earlier, VERY clean. The cabin was perfect if you want a little seclusion. We will be returning again for the third time and even though we are over 600 miles away, it is definitely worth the drive.

Room Tip: Cabin has great seclusion.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fjb_ny
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Beautiful Log Lodge near the VA/NC border just of the Blue Ridge parkway. Everything about it was wonderful - comfortably furnished rooms and common areas, great deck adjacent to the room, fabulous breakfast and very accommodating owners. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Wonderful location, wonderful lodge and wonderful people!
We made a 1 night stop at Jim and Margaret place and had a great experience. Our room was cozy and very clean. We enjoyed watching the stars on our private deck. Margaret is an amazing "Chef": she cooked delicious cookies and prepared an awesome breakfast every morning.
Our only regret is that we could not stay longer because of works obligations...
Hopefully we will be back.
Merci beaucoup Jim et Margaret = Thanks a lot Jim and Margaret.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy L
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Almost didnt stay here based on a negative review about noise. I would like to completely put any reservations about noise to rest. I have never stayed anywhere any quieter than Glade Valley. We were made to feel welcome even with our early arrival. More gracious hosts will not be found anywhere. Wonderful B&B... highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
The Doctor's Inn
The Doctor's Inn
#1 of 3 in Galax
Harmony Hill Bed & Breakfast

Been to Glade Valley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!