“I wanted to stay here forever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glendale Springs
New River Inn and Cottages
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“I wanted to stay here forever!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I are on a road trip and stayed here two nights ago. It is the best place I have been to since arriving in America. I booked some time ago and at the time was a bit concerned as I had some trouble booking using their website and had to phone several times. So when we arrived and Faye told us there was a mix up with the computer and spelling my name wrong had resulted in her giving Drew cottage (2 bedroom) to someone else my heart sank. But then she said she would give us Emily cottage (3 bedroom) at no extra cost, so panic over.
The cottage was beautiful. It was at the end of the grounds with a view over open fields and a lake. The cottage had two floors and a porch with a rocking chair and swing seat on. The early evening sun shone down and I could have sat on that porch swing for ever, it is my idea of heaven. Inside the cottage there was a kitchen/dining room at one end and a sitting area at the other, with a beautiful stone chimney, everything else is decorated in wood. The main bedroom is downstairs also, with a huge en suite bathroom. Upstairs are the other two bedrooms which are open to the downstairs via bannisters. There is also a bathroom upstairs with shared access from both bedrooms.
Everything was clean and looked new, like it had only just been built. Faye and Bobby made us feel very welcome. It was a beautiful place to stay and I would have liked to spend longer there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank devongirlie67

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Zebulon, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at New River Inn I will start with the welcome we received was so heart warming with a big howdy and walking us to our room. The room was spotless!!! The cleanses room I've ever stayed in. Bobby was the friendless and most accommodating ever, like a new best friend. Will close with the beautiful grounds the were so very will kept. Can't wait for a return trip:)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Jack I
Damascus, Maryland
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We originally wanted to stay in the 1BR cottage, but it was already booked, so we opted for a King bedroom. The door opens to the outside which is nice since you can park right in front of your window. This place definitely has an outdoor cottage type feel. The Lee House has a deck where you can sit outside in rocking chairs and enjoy the country view. We enjoyed the stay so much we are going back real soon to stay in that cottage with a hot tub. Thank you Bobby and Faye. We'll see you soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hillary327
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I, and our dog Sadie, visited the New River Inn for a second time in early June, reserving the same room. Again, the room was very clean, had everything we needed, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We hope to stay again very soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JonesFamily323
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Avoid this motel, I killed at least 15 earwigs on the bed, spiders on the walls and a few crickets, nothing that would do you harm but who wants bugs crawling on them at night. The smoke alarm's battery was missing and their wasn't any coffee or cups in the room, just a dirty coffee maker. The next morning at 8:00am the office/Lee House was locked making the continental breakfast with coffee impossible to obtain. The note on the door with a number to call is another hurdle since T-Mobile doesn't have coverage there. The room was clean with clean sheets and the TV worked so I opted to stay since I was extremely tired.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank James W
L town
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have been staying here weekend after weekend since Oct. 2013. WE LOVE IT!!! It is our home away from home. Bobby and Faye have been so kind and generous to us, we consider them friends. You will not be disappointed. The Inn is wonderful, the ppl in Glendale Springs are so very kind, and you are right on the Blue Ridge Parkway. <If you are traveling to Boone/Blowing Rock you are only 30 min away by the Parkway, you can be close but not in all the traffic.>

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Wendy M
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I,along with our dog, spent 3 nights at this motel last weekend. Our king size room was comfortable, clean, quiet, and had everything we needed. The guy who checked us in and looked after our needs was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed walking the grounds and sitting on the nice deck at the Lee House. The cottages looked very nice also and we hope there will be a pet friendly cottage offered in the near future. Thank you for a enjoyable stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 18 in Boone
Park Vista Inn
Park Vista Inn
#2 of 5 in West Jefferson

Been to New River Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!