“Fantastic establishment!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This is the place to go for great food! There are different sections to choose from; if you want a nice quiet dinner vs. if you're out with a group.
We came in with a group of 7, the server introduced herself and was personable. She waited on all of us throughout our meal and didn't miss a beat, kept our glasses filled and checked on us repeatedly.
The food was yummy! The steaks were cooked perfectly; no steak sauce needed here! The vegetables were crisp tender and the baked potato was crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
Definitely going back gain and again!

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Tried Village Steakhouse last night and was pleasantly surprised. So far, it's the most upscale place we've tried in Goldsboro, yet very fairly priced. Steaks, Chicken, pork Chops, Shrimp, Ribs- all include all you can eat salad bar plus a side. Prices range from $14-20 for most items. A couple of burger selections and pasta dishes are also available. My son had a slab of ribs that was absolutely incredible, fall off the bone tender, with Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce. They were fantastic. Sirloin was cooked just right, and great quality. Sweet potato fries were yummy. Salad bar was immaculate. Loaf of garlic bread came to the table to share before steaks arrived and was very good. Only negative was a funny smell outside restaurant but didn't seem to be coming from the restaurant itself. Village Steakhouse is near Walnut Creek, about six miles east of SJAFB on 70 hwy. we will definitely be back. Excellent.

1  Thank Teresa A
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Very tasty steak and great craft beer selection. I suggest the Hoptical Illusion. Order your steak "colder" than you prefer - I had the 6 oz Tenderloin Sirloin ordered medium. It was light pink in the middle and kind of dry - medium rare would have been better for my tastes. The salad bar was good - romaine lettuce not ice berg with the typical toppings.Oh, and some of the excellent craft beers were $3.50 - good price.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Whenever I am in Kinston for work I make it a point to eat at the Village Steakhouse and Pub at least one night while I am there. I have never been disappointed. The food is always outstanding and the salad bar is excellent.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I went with my family expecting to order the prime rib and was very disappointed that they didn't have it. I ordered this last time and it was the best thing since sliced bread. Nonetheless, I ordered the filet and it was good...a bit over cooked; however, still delicious.