Econo Lodge
BestWestern.com
US$143
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2012

4/21/12 We were in town for a funeral and there was some big event going on at the AFB so every other hotel was booked. I'm sometimes wary of staying at Econo Lodge, but the room was clean and had a pleasant clean smell when we walked in. The rate was reasonable. The front desk clerk and manager were there when we checked in and were both very friendly and helpful. I had asked about a nearby attraction and he hunted down a brochure and brought it to me, which I thought was very nice. Like I said the room was clean, the bathroom was clean (no mildew, which I always look for). Nothing looked too worn. The only thing I saw was some peeling paint in the bathroom and a patched hole in the wall in the bathroom. So overall all I was pleased for the price range hotel that it is.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Catwoman12NC
Reviewed 30 August 2011

While I know this is an Econo Lodge; generally pretty low on the totem poles of hotels; this one wasn't nearly as unpleasant as expected. Thanks to Hurrican Irene we had no power and my husband is ill and cannot tolerate any heat. With that in mind we went searching for a cheap hotel. I saw the Econo Lodge and decided to stop in and check it out. The woman who runs it with her husband was wonderful - super polite and wanting to make certain that we were taken care of. It's a teenie tiny office so I have no idea how they do breakfast in there - never went. The room was comfortable, no frills - no hair dryer, no fancy coffee (but it did have coffee!) and not a gazillion channels to choose from. But, in a pinch it works; it was clean, there was a microwave and a small fridge. Don't think I ever found an alarm clock though - never asked. By evening the place was full and there was some noise from the other rooms but nothing to complain about. Overall I believe it was the managers that made the stay pleasant - a husband and wife team that were friendly and interested in making us comfortable and happy -- that's hard to find at a lower end hotel these days.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family