“Nice Property”

Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Goldsboro
Reviewed 20 July 2013

It's not a four star hotel and the property is older but the rooms have been updated with everything but a flat screen T.V. The linens were clean, the plumbing is new and spotless. The soda machine had 12 ounce cans and only $.75. I haven't seen that price in 10 years.The front desk was very accommodating. It is in a safe looking neighborhood.

Room Tip: No pool and no restaurant. Excellent value!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CJ0nes123

Reviewed 14 May 2013

My son and I stayed one night due to a local karate tournament we were attending. We arrived around 8:30. The front desk was VERY helpful. She was very attentive and asked all the right questions. It did seem that the facilities were a bit dated. However, they were clean and in good service. The bed was comfortable. They had a continental breakfast, but it was very small. Coffee, juice, bagels, danishs and muffins. It definitely fit the bill for what we needed that night...just a good, clean comfortable place to sleep for one night. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Check out was quick and we were on the road in seconds.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor. Very quiet. The temperature was a little tricky, because it is a bi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gerbers
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Came home for the weekend, and every hotel was booked due to an exercise going on at Seymour Johnson AFB. Ms. Rekha Joshi, The General Manager, assisted with my telephone reservation as well as my check out process, and she was a absolute joy! The room was very clean. Under normal circumstances, I would not have stayed at The Econo Lodge, but this one gets two thumbs up!! The rate was very reasonable, and when I went downstairs to check out the next morning, a very nice continental breakfast was waiting .. who had a clue?!! DGeorge

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeaunnaG
Reviewed 24 April 2012

4/21/12 We were in town for a funeral and there was some big event going on at the AFB so every other hotel was booked. I'm sometimes wary of staying at Econo Lodge, but the room was clean and had a pleasant clean smell when we walked in. The rate was reasonable. The front desk clerk and manager were there when we checked in and were both very friendly and helpful. I had asked about a nearby attraction and he hunted down a brochure and brought it to me, which I thought was very nice. Like I said the room was clean, the bathroom was clean (no mildew, which I always look for). Nothing looked too worn. The only thing I saw was some peeling paint in the bathroom and a patched hole in the wall in the bathroom. So overall all I was pleased for the price range hotel that it is.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Catwoman12NC
Reviewed 30 August 2011

While I know this is an Econo Lodge; generally pretty low on the totem poles of hotels; this one wasn't nearly as unpleasant as expected. Thanks to Hurrican Irene we had no power and my husband is ill and cannot tolerate any heat. With that in mind we went searching for a cheap hotel. I saw the Econo Lodge and decided to stop in and check it out. The woman who runs it with her husband was wonderful - super polite and wanting to make certain that we were taken care of. It's a teenie tiny office so I have no idea how they do breakfast in there - never went. The room was comfortable, no frills - no hair dryer, no fancy coffee (but it did have coffee!) and not a gazillion channels to choose from. But, in a pinch it works; it was clean, there was a microwave and a small fridge. Don't think I ever found an alarm clock though - never asked. By evening the place was full and there was some noise from the other rooms but nothing to complain about. Overall I believe it was the managers that made the stay pleasant - a husband and wife team that were friendly and interested in making us comfortable and happy -- that's hard to find at a lower end hotel these days.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family