See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We had a party of nine. Plenty of seating with a choice of indoor or outdoors. Had a beautiful view of the water. Our server was great. In fact any staff we spoke with were very nice. Got to meet Barry and chat about the U.S. Navy and the Chicago Bears! I would highly recommend eating here to any of my friends.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

It's about 30 minutes from the beach and hidden away from main road. Its got it's own pier on the sound and a restaurant/bar attached. With that being said, there can be a lot of noise through the night. Its also not open 24/7 and there's no extra amenities such as breakfast or gym, etc. However, most of the staff is great and the owner is as well (wife not so much) and the rooms are newly remodeled but can be considered small. We only know about it bc we used to live in the area. If you want to save $600+ and still have decent rooms I highly suggest this hotel. My parents stayed in them back in 2007 and we stayed last year and this year. We were just taken aback by the rudeness of the owners wife but luckily only ran into her the one time. Also, I know the noise can be bothersome for many but if you get a room towards the end you don't hear it and the whole thing about them not being open 24/7 can be an inconvienance for some otherwise I'd give it a 4/5 stars

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2016

I stayed the weekend with a wedding party at Barrys!!! It was perfect!! Thank you Kay for the wonderful hospitality and friendly personality!! My most FAV thing about Barrys is the privacy the gorgeous bamboo provided! It gives the place a feeling of intimacy and seclusion giving myself a lil nook where i could truly relax and just breath.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2016

The only real option to stay without going to OBX. We stayed for 2 nights, a Thursday and Friday. All rooms are themed, and ours was the Mardi Gras room. The rooms are small and quaint and this property (a bit hard to find) is a renovated motel not a OBX high rise. That being said, it was a quiet relaxing stay on the You can sit on the porch and relax or go for a walk along the water (Currituck Sound?). There is a restaurant and bar attached but we were not disturbed with noise or traffic. Although we didn't eat there, we heard that the food was good and prices reasonable. The owner, Barry, and his wife are friendly and accommodating as were the housekeeping staff. If you are looking to step back a bit in time and relax before heading off to the beach, this is may be your place.

Room Tip: Each room is themed, so ask ahead for a peak to get one that suits your taste.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2016

So you're checking in to that big house Sunday? Spend Saturday night in Grandy! Trust me. If you can travel by boat, this is a must stop. Classic road house bar over looking the sound. Scenic view. Stripper pole.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends