“Pleasant Surprise”

93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We heard that this was a nice German place and wanted to try it. It reminded me of a small Gasthaus in Germany. The beer is fantastic! The brats are superb! We were not disappointed and they even turned on the World Cup Final game for us to watch. We bought a few of the brats to take with us and throw on the grill when we got home.

Visited July 2014

Pensacola
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What a cool place”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stopped at the weeping Radish on the way back from the Wright Brothers museum in Kill Devil Hills NC. Looks like a big farmhouse. Nice and cozy on the inside, wood floors gives it an old style charm. They make their own sausages and beer that you can purchase. Very unique combination of foods on the menu. Everything from tasty burgers to German potato pancakes. I had the Reuben which was just awesome. Service can be slow, but that didn't bother me. Can't wait to go back. It was even featured on diners drive-ins and dives.

Visited June 2014
“Amazing food... Not that great service.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I visited for the first time today after a couple if co-workers really talked it up. The food was absolutely amazing! I had the farmer's burger and my wife had the mushroom burger, the meat and veggies were obviously very fresh which is a great touch! The ONLY complaint and the reason I do not give it 5 stars was the service. The restaurant was not crowded by any means.. But we rarely ever saw our server, my glass was empty when I started my meal and was not given a refill until after I had finished eating. That's just me being picky... I will be returning for sure, I just thought the service could have been a little better.

Irving, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after seeing the restaurant on food network. Delicious microbrewery beer (get the sampler!) And sausages made on site. I had a sausage sampler of brats that came with sauerkraut and and pretzel. It seems like if you wait and go after five you will have a more extended menu to select from. Very family friendly and they have high chairs for babies.

Ellettsville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Dog-friendly and great food”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Potato soup, potato pancakes, fried green tomatoes and Portobello burger were all awesome. As were the OBX Kolsch and Corolla Gold. The best part was the restaurant is dog-friendly.

Visited May 2014